Nostalgia

Closed Thread

Nostalgia

Hi All,

We all gets nostalgic about the good times we had when we were kids or teenagers. Would you like to share what you get nostalgic about?

Later,

G

Pray tell us yours... since you venture upon this topic with a TGIF mood.

Sure Iden,

I get nostalgic about the kind of relaxed life we had back then, the absence of telly, computers, hectic pace of life. When entertainment meant, you either play or read, now all we do is sit infront of telly or pc and "entertain" ourselves.
    I get nostalgic about the innocence we had back then, the carefree attitude, education was important but it wasn't cutthroat or killing.
    Oh, there r so many things, but should stop and get other's views...

later

G

The smell of fresh cut grass. Sweets just aren't the same anymore! And rain - we just don't get the same kind of winters anymore. What I don't miss is being patronised, ignored, expected to be quiet just because I was a child. I enjoy being able to express myself, be myself as an adult so yes I get nostalgic but not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Sure Iden,

...I get nostalgic about the innocence we had back then, the carefree attitude, education was important but it wasn't cutthroat or killing...
    Hm, not so sure about the "innocence"... More like lack of knowledge & "experience", maybe.

Again, it's seems one of those days, huh?

OR is it just HK &/or a touch of home-sickness?

And, yeah, agree - the smell of fresh-cut green grass, & leisurely woody walks in crispy fallen autumnal colours...