Like Tree3Likes

Where will you be now if you haven't selected HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where will you be now if you haven't selected HK?

So, one favorite past time on geoexpat is to moan and bitch about Hong Kong (myself included, man, I just hate certain aspects of the city ). But then, ask yourself honestly, where would you be now if you weren't in HK? Would you really be better off elsewhere?

P.S-No, I will not mention "airport" in this thread .

Last edited by Watercooler; 25-01-2013 at 10:39 AM.

The move here really depended on Mr N'fixit's transfer/ promotion from the UAE. We both think we're much better off in HK. A HUGE regret I made was throwing in a good job with a great work/ life balance plus apartment in Berlin to to move back to Oz where the pay was/ is less, no job available, high cost for a low standard if living ( espc in Sydney), no life/ work balance. Some people would disagree, but for my line of work, it was. Apart from the pollution and unbelievable crowding at times, plus the high rent, both my husband and I hold the opinion that the pros of living in HK outweigh the cons of moving back to either of our home countries.

Last edited by Natfixit; 25-01-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: grammar

I'd probably still be in London and close to suicide by now

wtbhotia likes this.

Yes, London was fun the first few years I lived there, and the complete opposite when I moved back a second time. Guess it was time to move on....next country..please! ;-))

bryant.english likes this.

I'd probably have gone back to Aus and started a consultancy business there.

I would have been in Israel - although I couldn't say if I'd still be there 7 years later. Before getting an unsolicited offer out of the blue to come to HK, I'd got as far as meeting with the Israeli embassy in London to work out what paperwork they'd need to prove I was Jewish, so I could exercise my right under Israeli law to citizenship...

If nothing else, it would have meant I'd have been able to vote in an election this week!

I think I'd be in Japan or maybe Indonesia doing what I'm doing now.

I can say there is one thing I appreciate about HK: taxes...and that's about it. Otherwise I will be in Canada..involuntarily donating all my income to the government. Kidding...well I do like the public transportation (even if I like to drive alot too).

Last edited by Watercooler; 25-01-2013 at 11:48 AM.

In another tax haven.

most likely still hating teaching in the US and gathering material for my next book.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

attkrt likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast