Like Tree164Likes

Earth Images

Good Morning!

Venus greets the dawn, rising over Victoria peak at 6am this morning - from KT.

emx and Tom007 like this.

Tom007 likes this.

Very nice TigerSun & thanks for the heads-up SpeakCantonese

https://www.space.com/34373-orionid-...n=20171020-sdc

I was dealing with insomnia about 5 am and thought I'd check out the meteors from my bedroom window.
    Had a good view of Orion and I occasionally shot footage with my tiny Carson Mini-Aura nightvision.

I had seen nothing for about 15 minutes when I saw a very bright meteor transect 20 degrees of sky from just south of Orion heading due south. I was thrilled as I've never seen a meteor that bright AND I had my camera filming towards that part of the sky at the time!

Imagine my disappointment when I checked the video to see if I was lucky enough to have the event in frame only to find the file corrupted and unplayable. AAAAAARGH.

I know... no pictures, didn't happen.

Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    I was dealing with insomnia about 5 am and thought I'd check out the meteors from my bedroom window.
    Had a good view of Orion and I occasionally shot footage with my tiny Carson Mini-Aura nightvision.

I had seen nothing for about 15 minutes when I saw a very bright meteor transect 20 degrees of sky from just south of Orion heading due south. I was thrilled as I've never seen a meteor that bright AND I had my camera filming towards that part of the sky at the time!

Imagine my disappointment when I checked the video to see if I was lucky enough to have the event in frame only to find the file corrupted and unplayable. AAAAAARGH.

I know... no pictures, didn't happen.
    We (My sons and I) were at Tai Mo Shan from midnight through 3am and all eyes were on Orion. I guess we saw a meteor every 15 minutes or so including a few impressive ones.
    Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese
    We (My sons and I) were at Tai Mo Shan from midnight through 3am and all eyes were on Orion. I guess we saw a meteor every 15 minutes or so including a few impressive ones.
    Good for you and glad you able to catch some goodies.
    SpeakCantonese likes this.