HIGNFY - Jeremy Clarkson

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jonnye:
    I have indeed - and rate it very highly too. John Cole's is also quite good to read too, although doesn't flow as well as Sergeant's I thought.

Wan Chai Computer centre if you're on the island, or Mong Kok or Sham Shui Po are the obvious places for hard disks surely?
    Just seen he got a book out about Thatcher's legacy. Will have a look this wkend and see if can get here.

Last time I paid around $HK500 for 80gb HDD in Tsuen Wan. This about right?

>> Where can i get a cheap 80GB external HDD. Needed urgently!!

Now why did I not think of that? Jeez ... I must be going senile.

I have a few 250GB / 200GB SATA drives lying around the office. Let me see if I can scrub them and I might have a few to give away at the next geek happy hour.

Quote Originally Posted by leghk:
    Just seen he got a book out about Thatcher's legacy. Will have a look this wkend and see if can get here.

Last time I paid around for 80gb HDD in Tsuen Wan. This about right?
    That sounds like a reasonable price. You could probably get it slightly cheaper in either Mong Kok or Sham Shui Po (but probably not worth the hassle)

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> Where can i get a cheap 80GB external HDD. Needed urgently!!

Now why did I not think of that? Jeez ... I must be going senile.

I have a few 250GB / 200GB SATA drives lying around the office. Let me see if I can scrub them and I might have a few to give away at the next geek happy hour.

geeks, teachers, accountants, bankers, traffic wardens, customs officials - will drink with any1 for free stuff - not estate agents though
    Last edited by leghk; 30-05-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: additional

Quote Originally Posted by leghk:
    I also recall at least one episode of him being in the chair, possibly more.
    I think Boris was on HIGNFY a total of 6 times but was banned by tory central office for his affected buffoonery.

Still, got him elected Mayor.

The funniest episode, I thought, was where they started repeating the autocue on him.

Been wasting some time watching this one ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxYdUWHN844]YouTube - HIGNFY - Boris Johnson[/ame]

I'm actually impressed by him .. he's not that bad at all... as a comedian.

leghk - I'll send you a PM next week. Should have a couple of disks sorted out by then. Mind you they're about 4 years old, so I would not put any valuable data on them ...

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Been wasting some time watching this one ....

YouTube - HIGNFY - Boris Johnson

I'm actually impressed by him .. he's not that bad at all... as a comedian.
    BoJo, as he is affectionately known, is a bit of an HIGNFY legend. Always good value for money whether as a guest or presenter (especially when fluffing the autocue). He plays the 'gosh, almighty' buffoon role very well, but he did a pretty good serious series on Rome as well.

I should find the autocue episode .. got a link to youtube?

The Brian Blessed out-takes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1gwVIhJ8II]YouTube - Have I Got News For You - UNCUT - Brian Blessed (Part 1)[/ame]