Like Tree10Likes

Are you kidding me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

@ Tom007

My wife and many of my colleagues are locals (or near - ie wife from Macau) - not one of them support CY or members of Legco on this.

They all think it is plain stupid, water under the bridget etc etc etc.

I think (sadly) this is a very populist stance aimed only at (sorry to say that and I know am gonna get flamed here) less educated folks out there. Although obvioulsy quite a few "educated/smart money men/women etcetc" will use this very efficiently also - no doubt.

usehername and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Guys ..., all ( us ) non-locals don't understand this .... It's an entire Hong Kong affair and at the end of the day we don't have a clue IMHO how the local citizens are ticking. I got the feeling they are really really hurt. I'm out of this discussion although permanent resident but still a gweilo. Seriously!
    I can tell you exactky how they are thinking...there is an immense hurt in pride that a nation of servants have basically given the finger to their masters.By forcing an apology let them understand who is king.

It's basically an easy vote getter and that us why most politicians and Government are jumping on the bandwagon.
    Last edited by HKITperson; 18-10-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    ...and if something happens in China to HK people they don't dare to say anything. Cowards.
    Nope you never get to hear the end of it

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    I can tell you exactky how they are thinking...there is an immense hurt in pride that a nation of servants have basically given the finger to their masters.By forcing an apology let them understand who is king.

It's basically an easy vote getter and that us why most politicians and Government are jumping on the bandwagon.
    Bollocks. I don't know any locals who care about this. They all say the same : old news.
    shri likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2