Funniest gaffes/blunders

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again." - Barbara Boxer, Senator

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!"
    - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President on the concept of a manned mission to Mars

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
    - Bill Clinton, former U.S. President

"Next up is the Central African Republic located in central Africa."
    - Bob Costas, during the parade of nations in the 2000 Summer Games in Sydney, Australia

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate

"The team has come along slow but fast." - Casey Stengel, Baseball player/manager

"Better make it six, I can't eat eight." - Dan Osinski, Baseball pitcher, when a waitress asked if he wanted his pizza cut into six or eight slices.

OK just take a break...........

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    "So how's your wife, and my kids?" During a match from behind the stumps Rod Marsh to Ian Botham!!
    Ah now, you're getting onto sledging... can't remember the protagonists (one was certainly an Aussie - bowler I suspect)

Batsman to Bowler: Why are you so fat?
    Bowler to Batsman: Because every time I f**k your wife, she gives me a biscuit.

you can't beat some good sledging.

After the umpteenth boundary, Hughes headed down the pitch, stood near Cronje, let out a fart and said: "Try hitting that for six." It was five minutes before the guffawing stopped and play could resume

jonnye - your example glenn mcgrath and eddo brandes apparently

Quote Originally Posted by jonnye:
    Ah now, you're getting onto sledging... can't remember the protagonists (one was certainly an Aussie - bowler I suspect)

The bowler that is credited to is big Merve Hughes I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by leghk:
    you can't beat some good sledging.

After the umpteenth boundary, Hughes headed down the pitch, stood near Cronje, let out a fart and said: "Try hitting that for six." It was five minutes before the guffawing stopped and play could resume

jonnye - your example glenn mcgrath and eddo brandes apparently
    I could be wrong tho, i just had an inclin it was Hughes... sounds like the sort of thing mcgrath would have said though..nsat bit of work!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnye:
    I reckon this one is an urban myth as I've heard it associated with numerous cricketers, batsman to bowler and vice versa...

... however, while we're on the subject:

Glenn McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan - "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?"
    Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife." McGrath lost it: "If you ever mention my wife again, I'll F***ing rip your F***ing throat out."

Perhaps another myth but funny, none the less.
    Last edited by Stoob; 19-06-2008 at 07:05 PM.

"He called me a fatalist, but I've never collected a postage stamp in my life" Yogi Berra

"Do you know that they have eating dogs for the anorexics now?" Duke of Edinburgh to a blind woman during an official visit

"Where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?" Christina Aguilera

"I couldn't settle in Italy. It was like living in a foreign country". Ian Rush

"If that had gone in, it would have been a goal" David Coleman

"My son is always buying me things, but I NEVER let him buy me furniture" Elton John's mother

highlights IMO - Mike Gatting 2min15secs and
    Police blunder 3min 25secs.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    "And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq." --George W. Bush, to Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008
    "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007
    "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006
    Thanks, F16. If true, these have got to be the most priceless ones from your great list - self-implicating Freudian slips flowing effortlessly - has to take some skill. How's it over in BC?

Quote Originally Posted by HKFella:
    Thanks, F16. If true, these have got to be the most priceless ones from your great list - self-implicating Freudian slips flowing effortlessly - has to take some skill. How's it over in BC?
    It is fine in BC but not so sure about just south of us in Bellingham when I saw the news that they "uncovered" a terrorist plot not too long ago.

Last edited by Football16; 19-06-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast