Like Tree18Likes

You Brits-It's Good to be Bad. :)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

You Brits-It's Good to be Bad. :)

Now I've taken a fair amount of abuse on here for going after some of you Brits, but to be fair, I'm not really Anti-British. There are certain "British" things I admire. Take Jaguar for example. The old Jags had terrible reliability and their supposed 3 series competitor, the X-type, was a miserable failure. Still, I find myself drawn to them as if by some mysterious force. There is something about Jags that made me kinda like them, in spite of all its imperfections. And the current XF and F models look real nice (not to mention having better reliability than their predecessors!).

And I have to give my hats off to Jaguar's SuperBowl commercial. Turning around the Hollywood stereotype of the British baddie into a virtue:

Now that is an awesome commercial.

Last edited by Watercooler; 04-02-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Captain Poobles likes this.

Jaguar is owned by India's Tata Motors.

Watercooler and Tom007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Jaguar is owned by India's Tata Motors.
    But they like to pretend they are still British...and it is in a way, the r&d and manufacturing is still mostly done in the UK...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And we pronounce it properly.

AGxM, Watercooler and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Guess I can't argue with that, since I can't stand the way Americans pronounced "route"...

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Now I've taken a fair amount of abuse on here for going after some of you Brits, but to be fair, I'm not really Anti-British. There are certain "British" things I admire. Take Jaguar for example. The old Jags had terrible reliability and their supposed 3 series competitor, the X-type, was a miserable failure. Still, I find myself drawn to them as if by some mysterious force. There is something about Jags that made me kinda like them, in spite of all its imperfections. And the current XF and F models look real nice (not to mention having better reliability than their predecessors!).

And I have to give my hats off to Jaguar's SuperBowl commercial. Turning around the Hollywood stereotype of the British baddie into a virtue:

If you like jaguar you'll get along famously with Morse.

Just noticed on the video the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car and they apparently filmed in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:

Don't knock Jags. They're more reliable than BMWs or Mercedes. I went to my first school formal in a 1960s Jag sovereign. Loved the car, it was really classy and owned by the father of my date's mate. My dad drives a x-type, and it's more reliable than the BMW. E bridal cars for mine and hubby's wedding were two silver jags and my dad's red one. Got us ultra reliably and efficiently to the church.
    Watercooler and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I went to my first school formal in a 1960s Jag sovereign.
    Woah! No way did I think you was that err young.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast