Stalin and Tsar Nicholas II neck and neck for title of greatest Russian

I wonder if the mainlanders would vote for Chairman Mao?

Depends on if the quality of historical education in the PRC is as high as it is in Russia.

"Some lives were spent to save more lives", I guess that's how they've been educating them.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxlionxxx
    "Some lives were spent to save more lives", I guess that's how they've been educating them.
    Not sure they include the part about the spent lives. I think they just go from WWII hero to the rise of USSR power in the face of the eeevil West and then he dies. Probably 100 pages on WWII and 100 words on the rest.

Pretty much how it has been parodied here. They basically have Mao as the founder of the Commies (even though it was formed over a year before he joined - but what's switching a few dates among friends), nothing about him in the KMT, how they got rid of the Japs single handed, took over power and got rid of the nasty KMT, annexed the barbarians in Tibet, came to the aid of the North Koreans, cleaned China up completely, made marvelous strides in the Great Leap, told those awful Soviet revisionists where to go and made it a great place during the Cultural Revolution.........

And nobody got hurt guv'nor - honest like..

Oh and by here I'm meaning China, cos I am stuck here sorting my Z visa....

Yeah, and it's a sad thing they didn't/don't/won't know some 35 million were starved to death just in the Great Leap.

I'd vote for Chairman Mao too. He subtly put an "end" to starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxlionxxx
    Yeah, and it's a sad thing they didn't/don't/won't know some 35 million were starved to death just in the Great Leap.

I'd vote for Chairman Mao too. He subtly put an "end" to starvation.
    Oh I forgot the