Like Tree229Likes

No more Cum Recycling :(

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Agreed, the government should make it much easier for its residents to recycle and not jump through hoops.

hongkongmusic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    Agreed, the government should make it much easier for its residents to recycle and not jump through hoops.
    One of the thousand and one things the Government should be doing..

Maybe I'm just ignorant. Are there politicians working for the poor, the oppressed, the environment and all that kind of thing in HK?

All I ever read is negativity.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Well, there are doing whatever apple-polishing thing that make them look good to their overloads up North.

We used to have an active district counsellor who were, for the most part, genuinely close to the grassroots and community, but alas...

TheBrit, shri and jabalong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    One of the thousand and one things the Government should be doing..

Maybe I'm just ignorant. Are there politicians working for the poor, the oppressed, the environment and all that kind of thing in HK?

All I ever read is negativity.
    You must be new here

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    You must be new here
    Not that new.

There must be someone who is at least trying to do something positive, I'm not talking openly being against our overlords, but someone who is not an utter twat.

If it's all crap, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Not that new.

There must be someone who is at least trying to do something positive, I'm not talking openly being against our overlords, but someone who is not an utter twat.

If it's all crap, so be it.
    A lot of money gets funnelled to the poor. I am not sure how efficient it is.

As for recycling we will soon get the government trash can bags at $XX each which should drive the population to reduce the waste they trough in landfill and increase the amount that goes into streamed recycling bins.
    hongkongmusic likes this.

There's a whole bunch of separate bins where I live but most residents throw regular trash into the recycle bins (particularly if someone has jammed a sofa or some other huge item into the general waste bin). And then I lost all hope when I saw the pickup people chucking all the sorted waste into one truck... I bet it all goes straight to landfill anyway

Regrettably I'm therefore falling into line with Ellena on this... always makes me a bit sad about the futility of all those years washing out yoghurt pots in the UK when you see what goes on here. When I leave I'm throwing everything into the harbour en route to the airport

jabalong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    There's a whole bunch of separate bins where I live but most residents throw regular trash into the recycle bins (particularly if someone has jammed a sofa or some other huge item into the general waste bin). And then I lost all hope when I saw the pickup people chucking all the sorted waste into one truck... I bet it all goes straight to landfill anyway
    This was the case for the MTR. They had streamed recycle bins but no contract to take streamed waste away. The public segregated their waste then the MTR unsegregated it for them.
    shri and jabalong like this.

Because there is no money in this business and since China stop taking trash for recycling, there is no real monetary incentive to bother with recycling...

The biggest thing we could do for the environment is encourage the Guangzhou authorities to hurry up with the nuclear plants they are building up the coast so we can gradually deprecate the coal fired nightmare that is HK electricity

East_coast likes this.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast