Like Tree229Likes

No more Cum Recycling :(

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Very positively surprised by this recycling bin notice. In my neighborhood, the cum recycling bins were just removed without any notice or advise what to do with the recyclables instead.

But that of course doesn’t solve the issue that the recycling centers are to far away for some people.

Name:  7B9B0FE2-9C88-4662-9D9A-AD074F0E6BB6.jpeg
Views: 239
Size:  2.22 MB

shri and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQi:
    Very positively surprised by this recycling bin notice. In my neighborhood, the cum recycling bins were just removed without any notice or advise what to do with the recyclables instead.

But that of course doesn’t solve the issue that the recycling centers are to far away for some people.

Who got the contract to run the what must be a much much more expensive method of recycling?
    vmlinuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQi:

FEHD admitted its policy to remove recycling bins, they want people to take recycling to the govt. NGO run GREEN centres instead

.........cum........ is still alive

https://twitter.com/cancheng/status/...591040001?s=20

Now that I think of it, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that when the govt initially introduced the recycling bins, they did not have any kind of collecting and re-using facilities in place so they knew from day one that all separated waste would be collected and dumped in the landfill along with all regular waste.
    Their logic apparently was that they wanted to first see were Honkies willing to separate their waste, and then if it looked like people would be separating sufficient amount of recyclables, only THEN would the govt establish some kind of separate facilities to recycle and re-use these materials. Of course, we all know how that ended up...
    I don't know, are they adding something to the water in the government house to ensure that not a one single good idea ever gets thought of in those premises?

Originally was to collect and transport to recycling facilities in China, but over the last few years China closed those facilities because it was causing excessive pollution. Other countries with recycling collection also faced the same problem because none were doing the recycling but transporting things back for cheap in the otherwise empty cargo ship containers being sent from China.

Let's expand the scope a bit: sometime this year (?) the domestic waste charging scheme should finally be implemented. That thingy where everyone is supposed to buy different sized green plastic bags and household rubbish can only be thrown away in those bags and nothing else? What's your guess will actually happen? How will the govt monitor and enforce this? Will there be facial recognition cameras installed at each and every rubbish bin so they can catch the criminals who use generic black trash bags or supermarket bags? Will they collect fingerprints from the offending bags to find out who tossed it? Or will the public just keep doing what they have been doing so far, and eventually the scheme fades into oblivion? Or will the govt remove all the rubbish bins like they did with recyclables bins because "people were not using them correctly" and expect everyone to bring their rubbish to the landfill themselves?

BCD likes this.

Aaaand I can answer my own question. This morning walked past the big rubbish collection point by the roadside outside my village, and there were big yellow signs saying the area is camera controlled to prevent illegal dumping. Big Brother sees everything!

JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    Aaaand I can answer my own question. This morning walked past the big rubbish collection point by the roadside outside my village, and there were big yellow signs saying the area is camera controlled to prevent illegal dumping. Big Brother sees everything!
    They put those in flytipping black spots
    JAherbert likes this.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...tax-fraud-case

Cum-cum?

The raids relate to a dividend arbitrage strategy known as cum-cum where shareholders transferred stock for a short period to investors based abroad to avoid a dividend tax. Investors held the shares during the period when dividends were paid out and either weren't taxed or taxes were refunded. They then sold the securities back to the original owner and the amount saved was split between the parties.
    JAherbert and hullexile like this.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast