Like Tree211Likes

What new forum posts should be shut down before they get going?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

What new forum posts should be shut down before they get going?

The admin is helping us be responsible 'netizens' (awful word) by actively moderating.

What freshly posted forum topics should get shut down before they get going?

Circumcision is good for the soul
    Americans can talk quietly, so don't tar everyone with the same brush
    What new forum posts should be shut down before the get going
    Christianity is an archaic subscription based religion that targets the feeble for new membership.
    Can anyone recommend a glass toaster?

Please don't discuss at length just post some topics that should get banned early

I will probably get banned for this but it should help Admin know what offends us.

Better than this is to create some form of non-exhaustive charter. If users then need to report posts, they could simply say in the message field "breach of rule 4" or whatever.

Mainlanders
    Queuing etiquette
    No preaching
    Hiking zzzzzz
    Gold Coast is the centre of HK
    Where to get a decent cup of coffee
    I want the world on a string

East_coast and Watercooler like this.

No more HC and WC sniping

>> If users then need to report posts, they could simply say in the message field "breach of rule 4" or whatever.

In progress. Hope to tie into a system which can be rolled out to the larger community for some more automated moderating.

We have a significant upgrade being worked on. Once the upgrade is finished, we'll focus on some issues we have.. related to moderating, internal workflow etc ...

Bottom line .... if you don't have anything nice to say, stay the fuck out of the thread.

iliketurtles and elle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Better than this is to create some form of non-exhaustive charter. If users then need to report posts, they could simply say in the message field "breach of rule 4" or whatever.
    Boring. I'm waiting for GeoSteve to make the 'Weird reasons for reporting a post' thread.
    GeoSteve likes this.

We have an anti-productivity section. Maybe we can have an anti-politeness section where we can be as rude to each other as we like? It'd be a shame to completely lose such a well honed Geo skill. ;-)

How about a section called the Honeymoon suite ... dedicated to some of the famous couples on GX. Only designated couples can see each other's threads and posts.

jaykay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    We have a significant upgrade being worked on. Once the upgrade is finished, we'll focus on some issues we have.. related to moderating, internal workflow etc ...

Bottom line .... if you don't have anything nice to say, stay the fuck out of the thread.
    I realise that this is in Anti-Productivity, but as the powers that be are paying attention in this thread:

In addition to the "old users should be nice to newbies" idea, please also require some minimal standard of behaviour on the part of noobs. I believe that a good forum should not be dumbed down to its lowest-common-denominator members. Abysmally lazy writing is simply painful to read.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    How about a section called the Honeymoon suite ... dedicated to some of the famous couples on GX. Only designated couples can see each other's threads and posts.
    I've suggested the same thing to certain honeymooners before i.e. "PM each other instead of sh*tting all over this thread"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast