Like Tree134Likes

Insomniacs' Thread (Open Midnight-5am HKG time)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Many years ago when my wife was in graduate school and I was working, a friend bought me a knock-off version of Sim City set in medieval/feudal times. I'm not much of a gamer, but I figured why not and started in on it right about when my wife went to bed. She's usually early to bed. The next thing I know, I look up from my computer and see my wife coming out of the bedroom and I say, "My peasants are eating more grain than they are producing!!"

Surprised and confused, she blurted out, "It's 6am! Did you play that damn game all night?!!"
    Was that Settlers?

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    My wife and I recently finished watching breaking bad. Which tv series would you recommend next? (Not sopranos or the wire)

Sent from my GT-P6800 using GeoClicks mobile app
    That's a tough one to follow. Did you watch True Detective? The BBC UP Series is fascinating.

The current version of House of Cards is very watchable. I don't even care for genre of backroom political intrigue, but this is very good.
    justjoe86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Was that Settlers?
    I don't even remember. I threw it away after that wasted night.

I get addicted to chess sometimes and that can be all consuming. Either of you play?

Sent from my GT-S5301 using GeoClicks mobile app

The only time I've played chess was way back in Junior school.........

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I get addicted to chess sometimes and that can be all consuming. Either of you play?

Sent from my GT-S5301 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Yes. Poorly. But I did read a good book about Bobby Fischer a few years back.

I used to play a lot of Mah Jong at yahoo games many years back. Met a bunch of people from around the world. Learned that the Dutch are crazy for Mah Jong - disproportionate number of Dutch players on the site.

I am on deadline and therefore some work avoidance has to be performed every hour or so.

Apart from World of Warcraft (been playing since it was 1st launched), I'm a sucker for simulation games. Not the flying or driving ones, but ones like Civilization, Colonization, Football Manager, Capitalism, Railroad Tycoons and SimCity. I've had man sleepless nights just playing them.......more like waiting for the computer to simulate the turns!

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I am on deadline and therefore some work avoidance has to be performed every hour or so.
    What sort of project - if you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Yes. Poorly. But I did read a good book about Bobby Fischer a few years back.

I used to play a lot of Mah Jong at yahoo games many years back. Met a bunch of people from around the world. Learned that the Dutch are crazy for Mah Jong - disproportionate number of Dutch players on the site.
    Mahjong and Texas hold'em was my vice going back about 15 years ago, way before poker matches got popular on TV. I've participated in the World Series of Poker.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast