Like Tree4Likes

Door-holding Game

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Totally agree with you... No GMRC (Good Manners and Right Conduct) taught here in Hong Kong schools --- its as if the British, who are the paragon of manners, did not even conquer this land - what happened!

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world

Hell yeah! I'd hold open a door for anyone... good manners are free baby! And the rush you get from it... well lasts a nano-second... but it was how I was brought up... so who gives a rats ass if they appreciate it or not.

Side bar: Waiting to get into class today, I said out loud sarcastically "nice that the students let me pass."

The NET said "well they are from HK."

F*ck man! what a wanker... he's the one supposed to be teaching them... teach them manners as well... I did it at every school I taught... and now they always say "may I go to the toilet?" because every time they said "can... " I just replied I don't know, can you? and of course I explained

"may I throw the rubbish?"

Explanation: where the f are you going to throw the waste paper?

But I tell you what... it's worth it!

My 2 cents

If they dont even care about themselves,then how do they care about others...GMRC should be learn at home first then continue learning at the school...But i doubt if parents here wre teaching GMRC to their children...

Last edited by anncher; 08-06-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffhk:
    I did recently see a bunch of tourists who stopped at the top of an escalator in Harbour City, causing a bit of a pile up and a fight.
    I pushed a bunch out of the way at the airport on my return trip, they were on the transit floor, they got of the escalator and just stood there the fecking morons, the people coming up had no where to go, when it was my time to reach there it was rugby scrum time, I pushed a bunch of them out the way while shouting at them. And guess who they were, mainland tourist as usual with no clue. fecking idiots

They don't teach escalator disembarkment in the mainland?

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    They don't teach escalator disembarkment in the mainland?

All chinese children have to take a class called "getting in the way". By the end of class, a small, 40 kg girl is somehow capable of completely blocking an aisle 3 meters wide while being totally oblivios to the world around her..
    Stu79 and papaya like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I pushed a bunch out of the way at the airport on my return trip, they were on the transit floor, they got of the escalator and just stood there the fecking morons, the people coming up had no where to go, when it was my time to reach there it was rugby scrum time, I pushed a bunch of them out the way while shouting at them. And guess who they were, mainland tourist as usual with no clue. fecking idiots
    I found the 'blocking' gene to be in country I've visited, which includes a lot of northern European countries.

It's especially prone to surface in airports, bus interchanges, shopping malls and anywhere there's a good spot for a bottleneck or choke point as I believe they're called nowadays.

It seems unfamiliar surroundings activates this gene, kinda like the "fight or flight" scenario, except this time it's the "stop now and get bearings" rather than "OK where should I stand that won't inconvenience others while I figure out where to got next"

Conclusion: Most people are too thick and/or too inconsiderate to think about the big picture.

Just like those yellow boxes at crossroads... who gives a rat's ass that there's a major tailback and maybe an ambulance stuck there, I've got through this set of lights. The 'I' does not refer to me... I always think about the big picture and get my ass out of the way.

But I guess it'll be me and not some dumb-ass in that ambulance stuck in traffic... Sod's Law

Growing up, I was taught that you hold the door for women. I have tried that in HK but once started you cannot let go since there are so many people. Once I ended up being a doorman, I almost got fired for getting back to work so late. No more holding doors!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Meanwhile, half a decade on...

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Meanwhile, half a decade on...
    and I'm still waiting for a door to be opened for me...