Like Tree4Likes

Door-holding Game

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I was going to hold the door open for
    my wife and noticed the lady in front of her was coming into our building as well. I opened the door early for this lady and held it open for my wife a couple steps behind her, the lady runs to the elevator and I see her frantically pushing the close button, it closes while we are like two feet away. Sheesh, seems like kindness is taken as A) a sign of weakness/stupidity or B) being a serial rapist.

Loz_2 likes this.

Could be both.

Seems to happen a lot. My theory is that people are in a 'rush' so the 5secs are eating into their day.

I just ignore it and smile.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using GeoClicks Mobile

Nah, I need the, "Thank you!"... Man, I'd have sprinted back in to the lift and pushed the button so the doors opened again.....then I'd have been like....

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world
    Original Post Deleted
    Glared at him... you lost the elevator game... a smug smile indicating you've won would have affected him more...

Original Post Deleted
    In these situations you need to ensure that:

A. You stand next to the buttons
    B. You do not press the doors close button (and use appropriate body language to prevent others doing so)

The extreme anxiety caused by this delay should be sufficient payback!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    In these situations you need to ensure that:

A. You stand next to the buttons
    B. You do not press the doors close button (and use appropriate body language to prevent others doing so)

The extreme anxiety caused by this delay should be sufficient payback!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app
    You guys have really got this figured out...

What do you do when there's buttons on both sides of the lift?

Take a chill-pill and hit that close button... another lift will be along in a while... when in Rome...

Depends.

If it's a heavy door and there's a lady behind me, I'll push it open wider to make it easier for her to open.

If there's some ugly mofo on the other side of the door, I open it as little as possible and then try to push it closed .

Quote Originally Posted by solidops:
    Depends.

If it's a heavy door and there's a lady behind me, I'll push it open wider to make it easier for her to open.

If there's some ugly mofo on the other side of the door, I open it as little as possible and then try to push it closed .
    You've got some seriously farked up issues, dude... Get some professional help and do it soon !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3