Like Tree11Likes

[SCAM] How to Get a Free Flight Back to the US?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[SCAM] How to Get a Free Flight Back to the US?

Note: This is a SCAM, that has been posted across hundreds of forums. We're keeping it online for entertainment purposes....

Hi, I am an American expat living in the Philippines. I have been here for almost a year and I have basically run out of money. There are little job opportunities for me here since I am 22 and I only have a high school diploma. I bought a PC café when I moved here and I thought it was a good business idea but I’m barely making ends meet since I also have a girlfriend and kid. I can’t survive on counting peso coins and the maintenance on the computers is costly.

I went to the US Embassy in Manila to ask for help but they will only give me a free phone call to the states and recommended some churches to ask for help. I thought they do more for US citizens but they do not. My parents won’t help me and my friends are broke. I was wondering if anyone else has been through this type of experience?

I heard that there are some jobs that will hire Americans and pay for a free flight to the US. However, I can’t find any information about it. Can someone tell me what companies will do this for me? If anyone knows a company that will allow me to return and work in USA and provide a free flight and accommodation, then it will definitely be a life-changer for me. I would be more than grateful. Hope to get a reply. Thanks!
    Last edited by shri; 15-07-2014 at 10:07 AM.

So, you'd be looking for a free flight for yourself and family?

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    So, you'd be looking for a free flight for yourself and family?
    I'd hope so

Surely selling the PC Cafe will get you enough peso's for a couple of plane tickets right?

emx likes this.

22, high school grad, you want a free flight home AND accommodation when you get there? Have fathered a child but don't seem to be including him/her in your plans.

Wow. I'd have thought this life experience so far might have taught you a little about what doesn't get handed to anyone on a platter.

Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 14-07-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hill:
    I thought they do more for US citizens but they do not.
    Hmm. I was in a similar situation once where I kinda screwed myself into a tough position and the embassy in the city I was in put me up in the Ritz there for a few days I could shower and have a proper shave. I then got tickets back home, and first class nonetheless! Maybe try another person in the embassy?
    justjoe86 and JohnHK39 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    Hmm. I was in a similar situation once where I kinda screwed myself into a tough position and the embassy in the city I was in put me up in the Ritz there for a few days I could shower and have a proper shave. I then got tickets back home, and first class nonetheless! Maybe try another person in the embassy?
    You are pulling the OP's leg are you not? That is almost cruel...

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    I'll admit for a few seconds I believed the hotel bit

Not sure where you are based but have you tried English tutoring? Pay not good but it might bring in a few thousand peso a month. Never know how those internet cafes in phils make money. I don't think the embassy will help unless you are homeless and even then probably not.

Some options:

Sell the PC cafe
    Failing that sell the computers / equipment
    Credit Card?
    Take on a job (full time / part time - perhaps tutoring as Hull suggested)
    Ask for help from family / friends back home

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast