Like Tree64Likes

Friday rant.. because I want to scream at someone

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Friday rant.. because I want to scream at someone

For Christmas, hubby purchased me a Jawbone fitness tracker. I used it for 5 days, thought it was good, then it broke. Hubby didn't keep the receipt and when he went back to the store (DG Lifestyle store, Pacific Place) they refused to give him a replacement receipt or replace the broken product - said we had to go direct to the manufacturer.

So I contacted Jawbone customer support and explained the situation. I explained we had no receipt, explained the shop wouldn't help. They put me on to the distributor, who also wouldn't help. Back to Jawbone support. Lots of emails back and forth through January.

Eventually, they agreed to send me a replacement but that shipping would take a while. 8 weeks, they said. We had a few more emails deciding which colour I wanted.

Yesterday, they sent me a notice saying they were about to ship. Yeah.

Today, they sent me an email asking for the receipt and said that they cannot replace anything without a receipt. When I just sent an email saying something to the effect of "wtf... we spent a month emailing about this and I have no receipt" they replied "oh right. no replacement then. end of story."

WTF! I'm just flabbergasted that any company can possibly have such appalling customer support. Basically lying to a customer, making them wait months, and THEN reneging on a promise.

So, this is a rant and also a warning... if you look online, these Jawbone devices have an appallingly high failure rate. So basically, it's an expensive piece of plastic. Buyer beware.

So not only did your husband bought you sthg that is an expensive piece of plastic but in addition to that he didnt keep the receipt and it seems he did not bother dealing with the issue but you did.

The MAN is good :-)

If your hubby had checked the Jawbone Facebook page he would never have bought it!

The comments section was packed with disgruntled customers whose bands had broken down anything from day one to a few months, and all the rep. use to say was "thank you for reaching out to us, would you send us a private email"

Put me off the company for life.

HK_Katherine and imparanoic like this.

I can't stand bringing information from one branch of a company to another branch of the same company. drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    If your hubby had checked the Jawbone Facebook page he would never have bought it!

The comments section was packed with disgruntled customers whose bands had broken down anything from day one to a few months, and all the rep. use to say was "thank you for reaching out to us, would you send us a private email"

Put me off the company for life.
    I found that too when I first started trying to deal with this. Now I have added my voice to the comments! But the gall of them to agree to replace it, agree a colour, discuss shipping options and THEN turn around and refuse, flabbergasted. That takes the cake.

Doesn't seem to me like they're lying. Maybe a bit of inconsistency/incompetence on their part, but the biggest incompetence comes from you/your husband who didn't keep the receipt.

Don't think you'll be finding much sympathy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    So not only did your husband bought you sthg that is an expensive piece of plastic but in addition to that he didnt keep the receipt and it seems he did not bother dealing with the issue but you did.

The MAN is good :-)
    Sadly, his actual response to not getting a receipt or any help was actually to buy another one... on the basis that he wanted me to get my present with little fuss. But that's just not me. I chase these things down.
    Cwbguy likes this.

Christmas Gift FAIL.

Are you sure he bought it from DG store as claimed?

And not a cheap knock off from mongkok?

Original Post Deleted
    I was not dealing with the HK people. I was dealing with the UK people.
    Mat and We5ty78 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast