Like Tree5Likes

An unlikely NFL player & Mathematician ...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dolph Lundgren has a degree in chem engineering from MIT whilst being a very dangerous fighter.

a real shame he just isn't a great actor

Did not know that about Dolph ...., have not heard that name in 20+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Facepalm.

No, it did not show that at all, especially as it was created by a bunch of academics in the first place. The point behind the generator (aside from being amusing) was much more nuanced than that.

Edit: I had to look up the origins again, don't think it made it into reviewed journals, it was aimed at a specific conference that was known to accept low quality papers.
    I refer to the 'academic conferences' not the academics who create the paper generator. If conference accept the paper, it does show they are fooled by the generator, or they simply do not do their screening seriously.

There are lots of accomplished and intelligent athletes in this world. Tons of people who do a lot more off the field than on it.

What is rare about this story is that the media actually reported on it. It's far easier and perhaps better for ratings to report on Athletes who get in trouble with the law......

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Did not know that about Dolph ...., have not heard that name in 20+ years.
    My bro in law sparred with him once a looooong time ago. He said: I got my b*tt kicked!!!