Like Tree161Likes

"First World Problems" rant thread

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

My MIL is a geordie so where can I get a Happy Birthday Mam card?

hullexile, AGxM and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Why am I not allowed to use a cattle prod to move people standing on the left side of the escalator?
    I think a cattle prod may be a little obvious, try this:-

Night Watchman 5 Million Volt Stun Gun LED Flashlight | BUDK.com - Knives & Swords At The Lowest Prices!

should work a treat.

Why is it only legal to park in metered spots. Doesn't make sense.

hin23leung likes this.

We need more microbrews in this city. I refuse to drink another Tsing Tao, San Miquel, Carlsberg or Hoegaarden. They all suck. Please Hong Kong restaurants, at least offer one quality beer! I'm checking drink menus before dining, and if you don't serve quality beer, I'm not going in.

East_coast, tinlissie and nickvv like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    We need more microbrews in this city. I refuse to drink another Tsing Tao, San Miquel, Carlsberg or Hoegaarden. They all suck. Please Hong Kong restaurants, at least offer one quality beer! I'm checking drink menus before dining, and if you don't serve quality beer, I'm not going in.
    You are going to lose a lot of weight very fast!

Unless you live in The Trafalgar or The Globe, which is not such a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    You are going to lose a lot of weight very fast!

Unless you live in The Trafalgar or The Globe, which is not such a bad idea.
    There is a location finder on this site. Good beer.

Hong Kong Beer Co.

Given we have a wine lover as FS it is not likely that he will adopt the progressive beer tax that Germany initiated to ensure small breweries could survive and offer flavour to life.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Given we have a wine lover as FS it is not likely that he will adopt the progressive beer tax that Germany initiated to ensure small breweries could survive and offer flavour to life.
    The microbrewery scene has been thriving in the US for decades. Granted, Hong Konger locals don't drink a lot of beer, but I think this city could do with a few more local breweries.

I don't think a beer tax would be helpful, I'm guessing the usual suspect is at play... prohibitive cost of land.
    Last edited by Open Casket; 17-11-2015 at 07:02 AM.

The microbrewery scene has been thriving in the US for decades. Granted, Hong Konger locals don't drink a lot of beer, but I think this city could do with a few more local breweries.

I don't think a beer tax would be helpful, I'm guessing the usual suspect is at play... prohibitive cost of land.
    I really wonder why hk coyluld do with a few more micro brewery? To serve the less than 4-3% of expat in the city? As you said yourself many dont drink beer and for many local i d hasard a guess that they wouls prefer drinking a french begium or german beer over a HK one.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I really wonder why hk coyluld do with a few more micro brewery? To serve the less than 4-3% of expat in the city? As you said yourself many dont drink beer and for many local i d hasard a guess that they wouls prefer drinking a french begium or german beer over a HK one.
    The principle reason
    EXPORT TO CHINA - they only have awful local or international cooking beer and you wouldn't trust a Chinese micro-brew

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast