Like Tree89Likes

Does it spark joy - if not throw it out

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I have seen many small HK flats when I was flat hunting that were bursting with useless stuff. Mostly it was the older folks. The dining table piled with suff, stacks of things on every available surface. Even younger couples had a lot of crap stacked up. From all the flats I saw on HK island it was very rare to see a tidy uncluttered flat.
    If all of you are in the tidying spirit West Island school is collecting books, good used toys and sports equipment for their upcoming fundraising fair.I have a box filled ready to drop off!

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    OK let me answer this question, I have been to plenty of LOCALs homes (average size homes of around 500 sq/ft)
    Yea, but, but, how, like how do we know those were *real* locals and not some ethnic-locals who are not representative of the real local population. Can you convince everyone that it was representative, I dont think so. So you cant be right - locals dont do that because I know better. You're just making it up to create an argument.

Oh, I forgot the
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 06-01-2016 at 12:12 PM.
    bookblogger likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    I have seen many small HK flats when I was flat hunting that were bursting with useless stuff. Mostly it was the older folks. The dining table piled with suff, stacks of things on every available surface. Even younger couples had a lot of crap stacked up. From all the flats I saw on HK island it was very rare to see a tidy uncluttered flat.
    If all of you are in the tidying spirit West Island school is collecting books, good used toys and sports equipment for their upcoming fundraising fair.I have a box filled ready to drop off!
    If all of you are in the tidying spirit West Island school is collecting books, good used toys and sports equipment for their upcoming fundraising fair

Do you have any more information regarding this, particularly the books (i.e. acceptable types)? And collection details?

lol, I see the geo new years resolution of less bickering and more mature posting hasn't lasted very long.

same, same

Cho-man likes this.

This notion of less clutter improving your life has been around for a long time. Tons of books, speeches, TED Talks, seminars on the topic. I buy into it. I believe the less clutter and the more organized you are the less stressful life is.

The late George Carlin sums it up pretty well.

Claire ex-ax and Open Casket like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5S_(methodology)

We use this in our workplace and laboratories so start using it at home also LOL

Name:  PTADONATIONSWANTED_13Nov2015.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  241.1 KB
    Hmm lets see if I can attach the file properly...

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    If all of you are in the tidying spirit West Island school is collecting books, good used toys and sports equipment for their upcoming fundraising fair

Do you have any more information regarding this, particularly the books (i.e. acceptable types)? And collection details?
    Claire ex-ax likes this.

Hongkongers are the opposite of the Japanese in this respect. The more useless clutter in HK homes, the better.

Look at any balcony here and see if it's enjoyed for the extra space or just filled with plastic junk.

Can we fill up half the living room with a gigantic fake-leather massage chair? Let's do it!

If you can ensure that all your furniture is made of cheap materials that won't last, you get bonus points.

Open Casket likes this.

I moved to HK with one suitcase. I have never once returned to the attic in England where I dumped the rest of my junk. Says a lot about how useful it actually was.

R.O. and Fiona in HKG like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast