Like Tree33Likes

So what DOES spark joy in your home?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

So what DOES spark joy in your home?

Extension from the thread . . . https://geoexpat.com/forum/82/thread334661.html.

In our home it's our dog. The whole damn house could burn down and we'd be fine with that if the dog made it out safely. I suppose after the dog it would be old photos and documents. Everything else if stuff than be bought again.

Last edited by huja; 08-01-2016 at 05:14 AM.
    Editor, Cho-man and Natfixit like this.

I typed a very long philosophical list .. but when I reviewed it, I would not associate any of those with the house / home. Life yes, home no.

Last edited by shri; 08-01-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    huja likes this.

Just the family, I could live without everything else. Oh my notebook with all important info and the box with all legal documents - I can't imagine the pain involved in getting those replaced in the Philippines.

Original Post Deleted
    I would be pissed off to lose the 6 seater reclining leather sofa which I really like as I shipped it all the way from the UK. The two youngest kids' enormous cabin beds which took hours to assemble in the UK, then again in the Philippines. The fire almost came true on NYE when one of the giant fireworks exploded showering our house and two neighbours' houses.

After reading the article and watching the video. I have been looking at things around the house differently. Yesterday I pulled out an old rug which I'd put away (afraid the dog might be pee on it) and it did spark joy. Reminded me of a special time. Decluttering is going to be hard for me.

Original Post Deleted
    I had a few things like those on my list .. but then I figured they were enablers and did not meet huja's criteria.

The feeling of being blessed to have been born in a free country which granted me the freedom, opportunity and socioeconomic mobility to work my butt off to be able to afford all the luxuries I have now in my apartment in Hong Kong. So many people born in Hong Kong lack that opportunity, no matter how hard they try. It's such a sad city for so many. So not really joy, but appreciation & gratitude.

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The fire almost came true on NYE when one of the giant fireworks exploded showering our house and two neighbours' houses.
    A rugged fire proof safe might bring you joy!

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A rugged fire proof safe might bring you joy!
    Most importantly no one was injured, including any of the 20 kids outside our house. Was impressive though

They all blamed the mainlanders even though it clearly had "made in Bulacan" on it.
    shri and huja like this.

hmm what to take when my house is on fire.

1. Kid
    2. my dogs
    3. passport and birth certificates

will be devastated about my Salt Water Aquarium tank, everything else can burn for all I care LOL

Cho-man likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast