Russell Brand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    Nah, Brand did it too, although I think he was less funny and more outrageous back then. I guess he is a comedian that pretty much polarises people. The wife doesn’t think he’s very funny.
    Ah - I don't think I was aware of him back in 2001. I guess he must polarise opinion. Would I be correct to infer from your comment that your wife doesn't find him funny, that you do find him funny? In which case, can you tell me what the joke is?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnye:
    Ah - I don't think I was aware of him back in 2001. I guess he must polarise opinion. Would I be correct to infer from your comment that your wife doesn't find him funny, that you do find him funny? In which case, can you tell me what the joke is?
    I like his honesty about his own failings and think that the way he uses his own faults for comedic value is often quite amusing. Most of all I like how something comes into his head and you can often tell how there’s a split second of internal wrangle about whether he should verbalise it … then he just blurts it out. Reminds me of when I was about 15. I guess in some respects I still find things funny that I did 15 years ago!

Did anyone else think this thread was about Russell Athletic (the sportswear brand)?

fm7

Not a fan of Brand. He is occasionally funny, but it's not the sort of thing I go for. Ross on the other hand is pretty clever and he can do a lot better than this sort of thing.

I just like his gesticulations when he says the word "wank" in his stand-up routine.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo:
    I just like his gesticulations when he says the word "wank" in his stand-up routine.
    what's that saying about simple things and simple minds??

Quote Originally Posted by fm7:
    Not a fan of Brand. He is occasionally funny, but it's not the sort of thing I go for. Ross on the other hand is pretty clever and he can do a lot better than this sort of thing.

Brand: Not surprising behaviour, Ross: Disappointing behaviour

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2