Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By mobtrio
  • 1 Post By Open Casket
  • 1 Post By jgl

Derogatory terms of endearment for Hong Kongers

Closed Thread

Derogatory terms of endearment for Hong Kongers

Most countries in the world have derogatory terms of endearment for people from nearby countries or ones with a shared history.

Apart from Hongkies used in Malaysia / Singapore is there any other derogatory terms of endearment used for people from Hong Kong?

The Racial Slur Database

Please don't post lists of derogatory terms of endearment for other countries as the thread will get shut down PDQ.

<snip>

Last edited by GeoTommy; 18-03-2016 at 11:47 AM. Reason: NSFW link removed

is there any other derogatory terms of endearment used for people from Hong Kong
    Yes, there are, but I cannot tell you as the thread will be shut down PDQ.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Most countries in the world have derogatory terms of endearment for people from nearby countries or ones with a shared history.

Apart from Hongkies used in Malaysia / Singapore is there any other derogatory terms of endearment used for people from Hong Kong?

The Racial Slur Database

Please don't post lists of derogatory terms of endearment for other countries as the thread will get shut down PDQ.

<snip>
    why are you promoting G.O.D, they are deliberate attention seekers and probably show naked pictures of the relatives for publicity to promote their overpriced crap

Wow.... Just wow... No other words... So you think that it is okay we say 'bad thing' as long as it is only for Hong Kong? Really?
    jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mobtrio:
    Wow.... Just wow... No other words... So you think that it is okay we say 'bad thing' as long as it is only for Hong Kong? Really?
    Just surprised by the shortage of derogatory terms of endearment. Not out and out derogatory terms but the more friendly sort that both sides know are not really offensive.

No one is really offended to be called a Canuck for example.

Quote Originally Posted by mobtrio:
    I think you can, just start another thread. The op is trying to prevent this thread from going the direction of all other threads...that being mainland China or the USA.

Just surprised by the shortage of derogatory terms of endearment. Not out and out derogatory terms but the more friendly sort that both sides know are not really offensive.

No one is really offended to be called a Canuck for example.
    I don't think Hong Kong is large enough, unique enough or well known enough to garner international nicknames like Canucks.

I'm sure we can all think of terms for Chinese or Asians, but as far as Hong Kongers I don't think there are any popular nicknames, at least in english. I'm sure there are a few in Chinese.
    hullexile likes this.

Hmmm....

Never mind.

The Racial Slur Database

<snip>
    That second link is completely NSFW.

And also seems to point to G.O.D, as pointed out by imparanoic, a cheesy, attention-seeking purveyor of tat :/
    Last edited by GeoTommy; 18-03-2016 at 11:48 AM. Reason: NSFW link removed now
    imparanoic likes this.