Like Tree16Likes

11 jokes only smart people will understand

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba:
    2. Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn’t.
    Assuming there is a bartender to observe the cat, this one is more of a joke that "people who think they are smart will find funny"
    Last edited by jgl; 08-04-2016 at 12:50 AM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And that would some how bring a smile to my face???
    idk

Here's another one that I heard in some documentary and found funny:
    A barman says: "Sorry, but we don't serve neutrinos here." A neutrino walks into a bar.
    shri likes this.

Johnny von Neumann was a great mathematician and a great physicist. So someone (I don't remember who) challenged him with this problem:

Two trains are 100 meters apart, moving towards each other. Each train is moving at 10 meters per second. A bee is flying back and forth between those two trains at 20 meters per second. Eventually the bee will be squished when the two trains crash against each other. When they do, what will be the total distance flown by the bee?

According to legend, von Neumann thought for a moment, and then said "100 meters".

The questioner said, "Correct. But now I know, from the quickness of your response, that you are really a physicist, not a mathematician. The mathematician would have calculated when each bee-train encounter takes place, calculated the position, taken the sum of those distances as an infinite series, and then summed the series. But a physicist would have taken a short-cut; the physicists would have realized that the bee was flying for 5 seconds at 20 meters per second, so it would have traveled 100 meters total."

Von Neumann's purported response: "Oh, that's a clever way to solve it! No, I summed the series."

From: https://www.quora.com/What-is-consid...er-3?srid=ZLa1
    si0001 likes this.

"I stopped you for doing 100kph in a built up area" said the policeman
    "Oh Great! Now I'm lost" said Heisenberg

Natfixit likes this.

At most I smiled at most of these jokes.
    Tbh these are the kind of jokes you find in the Big Bang theory tv series.