Like Tree107Likes

The Angry White Guy Thread....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

TB, your sentiments echo mine.

Brits (particularly those of the older generation sitting in old colonial buildings in ex-dependencies, as Shri identified) love thinking their culture is unimpeachable, that we have nothing in common with any other Europeans etc, but the reality is that when you walk around London, the city has benefitted enormously from the influx of migrants (european or otherwise). All the different faces and voices are what makes London such an economically, culturally and artistically rich place.

Shri also made the point that we've all benefitted from economic migration, so there's a bit of hypocrisy from those claiming to close borders, for their dear country to be more nationalistic (or xenophobic, for what of a better word), all the while being in a country and benefitting economically from shortages in the job market which locals here could not fill.

I know of loads of expats here who have mixed-race, mixed-nationality kids. How does their view to close the UK's borders balance with the possible inability of their children to go back? If a country is led down the path that the exiters would like, there would be real problems I think. There are already significant economic hurdles for Brits who have married non-Europeans to get back home (and these hurdles are 100% British, nothing to do with the big bad EU). I wonder whether those pro-exit expats kids be proud of their dads? When you break down the arguments in granular detail, it's all just hypocritical, double standard, bullshit noise.

Be interesting to see if anyone can read this piece below nice and slowly and closely and carefully and mull over it for a bit and then come back and say something meaningful without resorting to name-calling.

If there's one reason the bleats of 'racist'/'fascist', etc. grate so much, it's because they're so clearly indicative of reflexive responses from people who may flatter themselves that they are 'thinkers', but in fact probably don't spend much time examining the fundamental assumptions and axioms of 'all right thinking people'.

Read this to get some big picture context. Understand that human nature trumps (ha) everything. The history of the last 100 years has been soaked in the blood of people sacrificed in the name of all the right thinking people's fine theories about what we should be. The truly honest humane approach is to fearlessly understand who we ARE. (Hint: not all the same).

Derb’s Canceled Williams College Hate Address—”The National Question: Race, Ethnicity, and Identity In the 21st Century” | VDARE - premier news outlet for patriotic immigration reform

Also, is this community proud to largely subscribe to the view that the address above should be censored because 'bad thoughts'? Actually what bad thoughts? Certainly a supposed university which supposedly is all about debate and examination of all ideas should perhaps be a bit more open-minded and hear people out. Or are some people never to be heard?

If I mentioned Galileo Galilei, Giambattista Vico or Giordano Bruno, some of the better-educated and well-read amongst you would immediately think "Holy Inquisition, suppression of free enquiry, bad bad evil old superstitious Romanism blah blah blah". Can you not see that some here (and many out in the big wide world today) are no better at all?

Just because you got a load of it (current prevailing bien pensant worldview) at school, at university, in the Guardian, or in the Economist (yes, majorly them these days), doesn't *necessarily* mean you're any more correct or enlightened than a monk torturing some poor bastard on the rack in a cellar. How do you know you are? Said monk was the Guardianista of his day. Seriously. Think about it.

Much talk of mirrors and looking in them in these threads....

Last edited by Kinch; 20-05-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinch:
    Be interesting to see if anyone can read this piece below nice and slowly and closely and carefully and mull over it for a bit and then come back and say something meaningful without resorting to name-calling.

If there's one reason the bleats of 'racist'/'facist', etc. grate so much, it's because they're so clearly indicative of reflexive responses from people who may flatter themselves that they are 'thinkers', but in fact probably don't spend much time examining the fundamental assumptions and axioms of 'all right thinking people'.

Read this to get some big picture context. Understand that human nature trumps (ha) everything. The history of the last 100 years has been soaked in the blood of people sacrificed in the name of all the right thinking people's fine theories about what we should be. The truly honest humane approach is to fearlessly understand who we ARE. (Hint: not all the same).

Derb’s Canceled Williams College Hate Address—”The National Question: Race, Ethnicity, and Identity In the 21st Century” | VDARE - premier news outlet for patriotic immigration reform

Also, is this community proud to largely subscribe to the view that the address above should be censored because 'bad thoughts'? Actually what bad thoughts? Certainly a supposed university which supposedly is all about debate and examination of all ideas should perhaps be a bit more open-minded and hear people out. Or are some people never to be heard?

If I mentioned Galileo or Giordano Bruno, some of the better-educated and well-read amongst you would immediately think "Holy Inquisition, suppression of free enquiry, bad bad evil old superstitions Romanism blah blah blah". Can you not see that some here (and many out in the big wide world today) are no better at all?

But the bleats of leftist, progressive, regressives don't grate? Which side of the argument (though in reality it is many sided) tend to label most on these threads? Perhaps if that garbage was dropped.... but it is a reflex that some find it hard to control.

Original Post Deleted
    True, but generally speaking, most Americans share the same core values and when people do move to other parts of the country, they don't expect that the place they move to will adapt to their values.

Most people are fine with immigration as long as the immigrants assimilate to the host culture. Problems arise when immigrants don't assimilate or immigration numbers are so high that people's lives are changed as a result of the immigration.
    Skyhook and Natfixit like this.

If there's one reason the bleats of 'racist'/'fascist', etc. grate so much, it's because they're so clearly indicative of reflexive responses from people who may flatter themselves that they are 'thinkers', but in fact probably don't spend much time examining the fundamental assumptions and axioms of 'all right thinking people'.

If I mentioned Galileo Galilei, Giambattista Vico or Giordano Bruno, some of the better-educated and well-read amongst you would immediately think "Holy Inquisition, suppression of free enquiry, bad bad evil old superstitious Romanism blah blah blah". Can you not see that some here (and many out in the big wide world today) are no better at all?

Just because you got a load of it (current prevailing bien pensant worldview) at school, at university, in the Guardian, or in the Economist (yes, majorly them these days), doesn't *necessarily* mean you're any more correct or enlightened than a monk torturing some poor bastard on the rack in a cellar. How do you know you are? Said monk was the Guardianista of his day. Seriously. Think about it.

Extremist white supremacist garbage dressed up as intellectual thought.

"The perceived preference of blacks everywhere is to live in a white society in an implied acknowledgement that they can not create a pleasant environment themselves". Really? Is it only blacks that want to move to richer, safer countries? Of course this is all to do with race not poverty. Does the spectrum extend far enough to the right to fit you on I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Extremist white supremacist garbage dressed up as intellectual thought.

"The perceived preference of blacks everywhere is to live in a white society in an implied acknowledgement that they can not create a pleasant environment themselves". Really? Is it only blacks that want to move to richer, safer countries? Of course this is all to do with race not poverty. Does the spectrum extend far enough to the right to fit you on I wonder?
    All you have done is knee-jerk virtue signal. I don't detect any comprehension in your response of the tension between the prevailing artificial ideology of 'universalism' and the real world full of actual real humans with real human motivations (some hard-wired in down to the lower brain stem level) we actually live in.

I understand further debate is pointless. History will sort this one out in its own way with much bloodshed. The tragedy is that a good deal of this could have been avoided if people could open their eyes and minds.

The road to hell truly is paved with good intentions.

All you have done is knee-jerk virtue signal. I don't detect any comprehension in your response of the tension between the prevailing artificial ideology of 'universalism' and the real world full of actual real humans with real human motivations (some hard-wired in down to the lower brain stem level) we actually live in.

I understand further debate is pointless. History will sort this one out in its own way with much bloodshed. The tragedy is that a good deal of this could have been avoided if people could open their eyes and minds.

The road to hell truly is paved with good intentions.
    All I have done is read it and recognised white spremacist garbage when I see it. Nothing knee jerk in that. As usual you are running from an argument. I have questioned his line of thought, you have not responded. You lack critical intelligence.
    civil_servant likes this.

I don't know what's worse. 100 of Bryant's inane, confused, ramblings, or 1 of Kinch's purely racist, absolutely crazy posts. I think even Bryant would probably try to distance himself from Kinch's views.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    All I have done is read it and recognised white spremacist garbage when I see it. Nothing knee jerk in that. As usual you are running from an argument. I have questioned his line of thought, you have not responded. You lack critical intelligence.
    Some kind of white-suppremacist, considering he's been married to a mainlander for 30 or so years.

The only valid reason I can think of to be silent is the possibility that @shri potentially loses out because Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. silently and sneakily lower his online properties' visibility because they don't like the content I post. And don't pretend they wouldn't. There are plenty of clearly demonstrated cases of this stealth censorship happening to people not of the prevailing progressive orthodoxy.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast