• 1 Post By Rob2020
  • 2 Post By Nep
  • 2 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By Proplus

Hodor

Closed Thread

Hodor

Hold the Door!

You've probably seen the IKEA door stopper already, but you may not have seen the Kimmel video

Too Soon? ...

Name:  110550_51ee5215b55b309ee4620fe8fd8b2ecc.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  71.4 KB

chuckster007 and shri like this.

I must be the only person on the planet who does not watch GoT... saw the IKEA thing and some random posts on the interwebs saying "Hold the door" (just thought they were ranting about someone who pressed the close door button while they were approaching!).

Rob2020, Fiona in HKG and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I must be the only person on the planet who does not watch GoT...
    I've havent watched it either, i see many people raving and posting lots of comment on FB, its just a TV series FFS, I usually will let TV series finish completely then download it all in one go and then watch it, why watch one by one and waits weeks/months for the next episode to be shown. LOL

You are lucky you are not reading the books like me.

This clown makes you wait for more than seven years.

I have stopped watching the show after season 4 because it was going away from what happened in the books and I do not want to know what happens there.

Its really tough because it pops up everywhere.

hullexile and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I've havent watched it either, i see many people raving and posting lots of comment on FB, its just a TV series FFS, I usually will let TV series finish completely then download it all in one go and then watch it, why watch one by one and waits weeks/months for the next episode to be shown. LOL
    It depends what you want to get out of it...
    Binging after the show is finished is fine if you just want personal entertainment.
    If you want a more social experience, you need to keep up to date so you can have those chats around the water cooler and enjoy all the little things that happen along the way.

Think back to LOST - a show with one of the best first couple of seasons ever IMHO, the amount of speculation (online and offline) that took place around that show was amazing - in many ways the speculation was as much if not more fun than the actual episode .. if you waited til the end you would have missed out on all that.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:

I have stopped watching the show after season 4 because it was going away from what happened in the books and I do not want to know what happens there.

Totally sympathise with you there.. .but I have heard plenty of people enjoying the TV and books as two, separate but connected storylines - as long as you don't spend the entirety of the show comparing it to what went down in the book I think you can still enjoy them both, almost individually.

The time between books must be excruciating however...!

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:

Totally with you on this. I will need to read all the previous books to remember who is alive and who is dead.

I have watched the tv series as well but it gets more and more confusing with different characters being killed off. I find the books better than the TV. Hope he finishes the books before I or he dies!
    Rob2020 and Nep like this.

The worst part is that I can't be a smug asshole anymore because I don't know what will happen to be honest ;-)

I honestly can't keep up with all the characters' names in GoT, and most of them last 2 or 3 series and then get lopped off.

One of main problems for me with GoT now is that there's so many subplots going on, and then they try to cram a segment of each into each episode. Take the 1st episode of the current series, everybody raved about it, sure I loved the storyline but it was just jumping everywhere every few minutes.

Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I honestly can't keep up with all the characters' names in GoT, and most of them last 2 or 3 series and then get lopped off.

One of main problems for me with GoT now is that there's so many subplots going on, and then they try to cram a segment of each into each episode. Take the 1st episode of the current series, everybody raved about it, sure I loved the storyline but it was just jumping everywhere every few minutes.
    That is one of the reasons the books are better, easier to follow - each chapter concentrates on a character - and if you get lost you can always go back. I WANT THE NEXT BOOK NOW