Like Tree21Likes

Online forms and HK address / phone number ---- grrrrr!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Online forms and HK address / phone number ---- grrrrr!

Just had to update my Apple account to make a payment. Had anything changed? Nope. Everything in there was just fine... but they decided I needed an "area code" for my phone number. Already had the 852 country code. Already had my correct phone number in there. But no. Now they insisted on me filling in an area code because the form would process. In the end I put 852 in again... but if apple ever tries to ring me, they will really struggle unless a human being looks at the number and realises its wrong!

Ditto the post code field. I put "none" where I can.. but sometimes you can't put None and have to make up a number ... WHY can't people design web pages to actually be flexible enough to input what actually works, or recognise that not everywhere has post codes????

Finally, there is one particular f'ing hotel chain's website that DOES NOT HAVE HK AT ALL! The closest you can come to China. I never get any mail from them anymore, I wonder why? I have even sent them emails saying that HK is missing in the country codes and can they please fix it!

OK. Rant over. Grrr.

shri and Sith like this.

never failed me

Agree with you it is sometimes a pain to fill in a HK address or phone number (also had once a website without HK in the list.
    Regarding postcode I always use N/A or NA if you need to put a number I use 0000.

Quote Original Post:
    Agree with you it is sometimes a pain to fill in a HK address or phone number (also had once a website without HK in the list.
    Regarding postcode I always use N/A or NA if you need to put a number I use 0000.
    ZipCode : 90210

If they are stupid enough to require it, they can waste their money sending it to the money pit.
    Sith likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    ZipCode : 90210
    Howdy neighbour!

See you guys later at the Peach Pit?

Quote Original Post:
    See you guys later at the Peach Pit?
    Its now an Indian curry house

Why not use the official post code for Hong Kong?

Phone number structure being defaulted to US is very annoying.

Is there really an official post code? I always use 852 if it demands one.

Quote Original Post:
    Is there really an official post code?
    It is but no one uses it. It actually belongs to (in the domain of) China.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast