Like Tree95Likes

Google and the diversity debate

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    Slippery slope since we're talking about race, gender, sexual orientation and so on... Using the word normal implies an alternative that is abnormal. Any which way you look at it, not pretty.... What's an abnormal white male in this discussion?
    I've already made it quite clear, in this discussion, and in my opinion, an abnormal white male would be one who is happy to be discriminated against based on gender and colour. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    It's only logical that the people who call it "PC nonsense" would also say things like "normal white man" and try to accuse others of being prejudiced.
    What a stupid statement. I call PC nonsense, PC nonsense.

If you can't separate the two concepts; 'PC nonsense' and 'PC' then that's your problem.
    orel100x likes this.

Excellent analysis of the misinterpretation of James Damore by the media:

https://www.theknifemedia.com/world-...re/#distortion

We quantified these distortions: CNN, The New York Times and The Washington Post received overall integrity ratings of 12 percent, 17 percent and 20 percent, respectively (lower scores mean less objectivity). On the other hand, we found Damore’s memo used more nuanced arguments and varied perspectives, and it received a rating of 74 percent.
    In the days before social media, most papers at least tried to keep separation between editorial opinions and news. Now we get opinions being presented as indisputable facts, leading to every-increasing polarisation and growth of echo-chambers.
    Mainstream media needs to be relabelled as the opinion media.

I use the news agencies like Reuters for factual reporting now, it isn't perfect but it's vastly superior to having my opinions formed for me by The Guardian or The New York Post.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16