View Poll Results: Do you find Mr. Bean funny?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 71.43%
  • No

8 28.57%
Like Tree3Likes

Is Mr. Bean funny?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Mr. Bean funny?

I only found one or two people so far who found Mr. Bean funny. But it is shown across the world, which begs the question, "why". I guess because it's sold for two pennies. But maybe I am mixing with the wrong crows. I wonder how many people think it's actually funny. I am not asking about the actor, Mr. Rowan Atkinson, who is quite funny as a stand up comedian, but about his character, Mr. Bean.

British sense of humor.

Watch Benny Hill...

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_:
    I only found one or two people so far who found Mr. Bean funny. But it is shown across the world, which begs the question, "why". I guess because it's sold for two pennies. But maybe I am mixing with the wrong crows. I wonder how many people think it's actually funny. I am not asking about the actor, Mr. Rowan Atkinson, who is quite funny as a stand up comedian, but about his character, Mr. Bean.
    As slapstick yes it is. My Filipino family also think it is funny, more than I do, so clearly not just a British humour thing. Blackadder is of course vastly superior.

Mr. Bean is funny as slapstick humour. The reason why it goes across so well across the world is due to the lack of dialogue. Chaplin-esque comedy.

Sure not as good as Faulty Towers, Benny Hill, Blackadder etc.

Mind your language was also hilarious. There is no way you would be allowed to get away with a show like that in todays PC world.

Funny? No. Smart dood? Probably...

It is shown everywhere as No dubbing required.

Basic physical situation comedy. Not funny

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_:
    I only found one or two people so far who found Mr. Bean funny.
    Do you find it funny or not, if No, What age range are you 20-30/ 30-40/ 40-50.
    The older we get the less it becomes funny as there is no dialogue, just Bean grunting.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Do you find it funny or not, if No, What age range are you 20-30/ 30-40/ 40-50.
    The older we get the less it becomes funny as there is no dialogue, just Bean grunting.
    No. I am old, but feel young!

I always saw Atkinson as continuing the work of Tati.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Tati

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    I always saw Atkinson as continuing the work of Tati.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Tati
    Indeed. I once saw an interview of him, when he said he was inspired by Jacques Tati. I also find Jacques Tati unfunny.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast