Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree46Likes

Airline employee "mocks" girls name...

Quote Originally Posted by MrRotavator
    Zombie used to work in Delifrance in Tsim Sha Tsui. I must say that the name suited him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRotavator
    seriously
    Sometimes when they come up with some names like that -- and that is by all means the worst I've ever heard of -- you wonder if you should take them aside and have a word with them.

Sometimes the names come from the similar sounds to their Chinese name. Or maybe it sounds like their Chinese nickname.... but syphilis -- nope.

I used to have Hitler Wong's name card.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Please tell us that you call him/her "Slim"
    slim shady?
    jgl likes this.

My friend said he knew a Milk Mei. A lady, and the name tag was on her chest.

Elvis with the concierge I think it was 4 seasons was extremely quick and jumped on any issue immediately, a true hounddog.

As a kid, I worked as an office boy at the Toronto Daily Star newspaper. The boys were always eager to deliver mail to Cherry Pussy in Classifieds department.

Well, if Johnny Cash's boy named "Sue" can come out on top, so can all the 328 ABCDE's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    You won't fit into Hong Kong well with that attitude. Actually, I would completely disagree that how parents treat there children is nobodies else's business - that's just wrong everywhere in the world.

Children are vulnerable and society as a whole needs to be alert for signs of physical and emotional abuse - would you think a parent beating their child was none of your business? How about emotional abuse? I'd argue that ridiculous names for children can lead to all sorts of problems in life - which is why many countries have proscribed lists of names for children.

Attitudes like 'its not my problem' facilitate all sorts of problems going unchecked.
    You think you should go around policing the world because what you think is "right". There is no way for me to know if a child in public has signs of abuse and that is not my job to pay attention to either - I am busy with my own things. That would be more appropriate for the school or teachers to catch - not me. Having a name like this can cause issues, but for a company employee to laugh at the child and post on social media is totally unprofessional and in the end no one cared that the child was being made fun of. Same as you. You attacked the root of the problem and excused the behavior of the employee and company.

Considering you dislike HK so much, you leaving is the same thing as "it's not my problem" too. You ran away from something you couldn't face.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4