Like Tree8Likes

Wild v/s Farm Salmon - The Great Debate

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    *shrug*
    "can lead to...." and "Additional research is necessary..." is far from "harmful" and very far from "its toxic, dont eat it" kind of BS being spread around....
    uh, read the article... additional research is always needed in all academic disciplines. Anyway, you're obviously the authority on fish. Who needs peer reviewed academic articles when you have geoexpat experts.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    May be we should be talking about salmon who have had their measles shots and been brought up in caffeine laced ponds while listening to heavy metal during their formative years?
    Put them in a non caffeine pond shortly before harvesting. That should make them wild.
    Kowloon Goon and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    uh, read the article... additional research is always needed in all academic disciplines.
    I'll leave that to people far smarter than me.
    Anyway, you're obviously the authority on fish.
    Not at all. I know next to nothing about malachite green, haven't read a single paper on it but know that multiple governments have banned it. So there must be something not-so-good about it.

Farmed salmon : I dont know of a single government banning it for moderate consumption. Do you?

Who should I trust? The collective hive of the world's governments or some random geoexpat experts along with a handful of crank websites that tells me "its toxic, eat organic"

My cats won't touch farmed salmon while they love (farmed) tuna. I trust my cats

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    uh, read the article... additional research is always needed in all academic disciplines. Anyway, you're obviously the authority on fish. Who needs peer reviewed academic articles when you have geoexpat experts.
    Not wanting to come across as an expert-hater, because I am definitely not, but looking at the jobs of the academcs and the journal I would question their objectivity. (I worked at a science research lab and as an academic).

Happy eating, happy health. I have nothing else to say on the topic.

HowardCoombs likes this.

>Wild v/s Farm Salmon - The Great Debate

For me, the very real and difficult part is: Salmon: Smoked v/s Gravlax

IKEA has both, HK$ 59 for 200g - best deal in HK!

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    ...Smoked v/s Gravlax
    Smoked
    Gravlax
    Lox

I thought all 3 were the same thing...
    Learned something new today.

Original Post Deleted
    I have not.

Original Post Deleted
    My apologies...I should have added "....to humans consuming it"