Like Tree8Likes

Wild v/s Farm Salmon - The Great Debate

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wild v/s Farm Salmon - The Great Debate

Quote Originally Posted by progammer:
    One of my friend recently mentioned me about how farmed salmon's can be toxic. I started googling stuff and it scared me a bit.
    Google some more and find the truth.

Do you honestly believe that governments all over the world are allowing a toxic food to come into the country?
    You'd think if it was toxic, multiple governments would have banned these things already.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Do you honestly believe that governments all over the world are allowing a toxic food to come into the country?
    Hah. I'll take my chances erring on the side of "wasting" my money on organic...

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    Hah. I'll take my chances erring on the side of "wasting" my money on organic...
    Your money, your choice.
    But to imply & believe that the world trade in Salmon is toxic is folly.

You'd think if it was toxic, multiple governments would have banned these things already.
    You mean like Cigarettes?

Edit - i agree with you on the food front, just being facetious because that argument if flawed.
    Drunken Master likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    You mean like Cigarettes?
    Not like cigarettes since there are cigarette bans, warnings and education programmes everywhere.
    Same for Alcohol.

But back to Salmon : there are no credible studies showing farmed fish is harmful in any way but there are a lot of scaremongering out there from crank and anti-science websites.

But back to Salmon : there are no credible studies showing farmed fish is harmful in any way but there are a lot of scaremongering out there from crank and anti-science websites.
    OK, now you're talking out of your poop hole.

Start here:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60412008000718

May be we should be talking about salmon who have had their measles shots and been brought up in caffeine laced ponds while listening to heavy metal during their formative years?

Kowloon Goon likes this.

not salmon, but chemical-laden fish is sold in Hong Kong HKBU reported a few days ago, every year it seems seafood with malachite green is identified. Government agencies don't test every fish, they test a sample - yet seafood with malachite green still reaches the Hong Kong shops.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...7-20190402.htm
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    not salmon, but chemical-laden fish is sold in Hong Kong....
    malachite green is banned all over the place, for a good reason.
    And some people smuggle it - it happens.

That is very different than salmon, not banned, but vilified by a whole bunch of crank websites

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    OK, now you're talking out of your poop hole.

Start here:
    *shrug*
    "can lead to...." and "Additional research is necessary..." is far from "harmful" and very far from "its toxic, dont eat it" kind of BS being spread around....
    markranson likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast