Like Tree174Likes

Why do people need helpers?

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    I have heard about poor conditions for DH, but to be honest I have never seen it. Most of what I have seen have a separate maids quarters with 2-3 bedrooms, living room and private bath. Yes they are smaller but plenty of them were nicer than my first flat here in HK. For those with smaller flats, their helper lived out.

Too much generalizing that treatment to all DH is bad. Geez bringing back some memories of bad employment experiences that I have faced in the past here in HK. Can I cry wolf too?
    Because you live in a different world to most people as you have shown repeatedly. Your world is not the family living on HKD 30,000 or less and employing a helper. Yes there are many that are treated well, some very very well. Unfortunately there are more that are not.

Did your bad employment experiences involve physical abuse? Sexual abuse? Verbal abuse? Being refused food? Sleeping on the floor? No full days off? Not allowed to speak to anyone? Subject to a curfew?

Name:  Screenshot_20190409-065904.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  710.2 KB

Where the western world aid budgets have only entrenched poverty and corruption, DHs are taking matters into their own hands

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    The current administration shares the blame with all the ones that preceded.
    No, they are to blame. The world moves on but the CCP led executive in HK does not look to improve the social aspect in a global context. There has been ample time to enact better legislation but the longer nothing is done the worse it becomes. You can only really blame the current administration

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16