View Poll Results: What do you do if you find a 50 SGD note on the floor?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pick it up, keep it, think nothing more of it

10 40.00%
  • Pick it up, keep it, feel guilty

3 12.00%
  • Take it downstairs and hand into Lost Property

4 16.00%
  • Something else

5 20.00%
  • Leave / Ignore It

3 12.00%
Like Tree31Likes

Found Cash? What do you do?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Found Cash? What do you do?

You walk out of a lift in a (relatively upmarket) Singapore hotel and see a Sing50 dollar note on the floor in front of you. There is nobody else around.

What do you do? And why.

leave it... I have enough money, and karma is a bitch.

Think "I bet some bastard has glued it to the floor and will video me trying to pick it up, post it on youtube and my life will be ruined"

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Think "I bet some bastard has glued it to the floor and will video me trying to pick it up, post it on youtube and my life will be ruined"
    Exactly this, and for this reason I will leave it and walk past it. I don't want to be on youtube looking like a dick

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    leave it... I have enough money, and karma is a bitch.
    Darn. Cannot edit the poll to add a "leave it there" option.
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

PS - this was a real scenario I came across a few hours ago, and the note was not a fake or a scam. Just one someone had dropped.

I took it down to the concierge and asked them to put it into lost property. It actually did not occur to me to do anything different. I just wondered later what occurs to others!

East_coast and hullexile like this.

Leave it as it is.
    I'm still in that phase of my life where you have to constantly struggle for your career, so, I have no time to even think about picking up a cash note left accidentally/intentionally by someone, and brainstorm for 60 seconds over whether to keep it for myself or try to be a model citizen by returning it.

Last edited by hannah01; 30-04-2019 at 11:12 PM.

If it's just a bill I'd keep it. Handing it to lost property is pointless imho. How is anyone gonna reclaim a lost bill, recite the serial number? "Ma'am, can you describe what your 50 dollar bill looks like?"

I picked up 20AUD off the floor in a hotel in Sydney once. Gave it as a tip to the porter. He was mega happy.

Leave it. If the person who dropped it comes looking for it, it should still be there on the floor. I don’t think most people will go to the front desk and check if some one turned in $50.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast