View Poll Results: Who do you blame for the inconvenience, damage and vandalism of MTR??

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% due to the rioting cockroach protestors

16 13.68%
  • Mostly down to the rioting protestors, but the Government has been a bit lax too

21 17.95%
  • 100% the fault of the police. They never should have acted so brutally and riled everyone up

8 6.84%
  • MTR only has itself to blame. Should never have colluded with the police

9 7.69%
  • Everyone is equally to blame. Protestors, police, Government, MTR corp, public.

13 11.11%
  • The Triads backed by Beijing. That attack in Yuen Long was the start.

8 6.84%
  • Mostly the fault of the Gov and police, but protestors shouldn't have done as much damage.

36 30.77%
  • Govenment (HK and Beijing) & police - a third each

22 18.80%
  • 50% HK Government; 50% Beijing

9 7.69%
  • 100% the fault of the HK Government

24 20.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree84Likes

Who do you blame for the inconvenience and vandalism? Time for a poll!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Needamaid
    I could not see a choice for the CIA?

I just hope the Police will toughen up or China sends in the military so I can get back to my daytime shopping.
    Ha Ha!! the best thing about these protests has been the disruption to shopping. Ever since I came to HK I have been shocked that life seems to revolve around shopping. Got some time off - go shopping, weekend - go shopping, lunchtime- go shopping, evenings - go shopping.

Maybe HK’ers will learn to do something else with their lives than just work and shop!
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe
    Ha Ha!! the best thing about these protests has been the disruption to shopping. Ever since I came to HK I have been shocked that life seems to revolve around shopping. Got some time off - go shopping, weekend - go shopping, lunchtime- go shopping, evenings - go shopping.

Maybe HK’ers will learn to do something else with their lives than just work and shop!
    I can see your point of view if you are an expat with loads of cash in your bank account. But I would counter with why does a rich expat spend millions on a yacht or expensive car that they use maybe once or twice a year? Answer is because they can!

For the average Hker, Shopping is a great hobby. Who doesn't like to eat and shop? (unless you have to maintain someone's expensive habits, which is another story)

Hk was known as a "shopper's paradise" back in the day and it still is if you know where to look.

You can get the latest nintendo switch games and other gadgets at much lower prices than anywhere in Australia. But then again, Australia is the most backwards country you can find technologically as you cannot buy anything new till months later.

Even expensive creature comforts like Tempur pillows are fun to buy when shopping in Shatin which is now ruined by the evil black shirts every weekend. ps I still have not figured out why JP Morgan has an office next to the Ikea building at Shatin.

At a higher level, you need consumption to boost GDP to make HK great again so I am doing my bit, how about you?
    Last edited by Needamaid; 15-10-2019 at 04:21 PM.

[QUOTE=Needamaid;3668175]
    For the average Hker, Shopping is a great hobby. Who doesn't like to eat and shop? /QUOTE]

I like to eat but I hate shopping, and hated it in Hong Kong especially. There is great stuff as the low-end and great stuff at the high-end but not so much in the mid-range where I prefer to buy things - good quality at reasonable prices. This just reflects the demographics and high Gini co-efficient in Hong Kong... mega-rich and mega-poo.

AsianXpat0 and HK_Katherine like this.

Even expensive creature comforts like Tempur pillows are fun to buy when shopping in Shatin which is now ruined by the evil black shirts every weekend. ps I still have not figured out why JP Morgan has an office next to the Ikea building at Shatin.

At a higher level, you need consumption to boost GDP to make HK great again so I am doing my bit, how about you?
    How have the evil black shirts ruined your shopping at NTP?
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    How have the evil black shirts ruined your shopping at NTP?
    I thought this would be self explanatory. Using a simple example - In July when the first Shatin protest occurred, I wanted to go to Ikea Shatin to buy something. The government offices at Shatin are just across the road from the Ikea building

I was told that there would be lunchtime protests with the black shirt evil guys walking from Tai Wai so I quickly went to Mong Kok to do other shopping.

Then when I returned to Shatin after 7pm thinking protests were over and went right up to Ikea, the Ikea building security told me there would be a second wave of protests (which there was after 9pm) and they had closed early as a result.

I thought this would be self explanatory. Using a simple example - In July when the first Shatin protest occurred, I wanted to go to Ikea Shatin to buy something. The government offices at Shatin are just across the road from the Ikea building

I was told that there would be lunchtime protests with the black shirt evil guys walking from Tai Wai so I quickly went to Mong Kok to do other shopping.

Then when I returned to Shatin after 7pm thinking protests were over and went right up to Ikea, the Ikea building security told me there would be a second wave of protests (which there was after 9pm) and they had closed early as a result.
    You couldn't go to Ikea one time. It was well publicized at the time that the protest would happen. If the crowd was allowed to disperse that night rather than the tactics of kettling and chasing through a busy shopping mall perhaps you could of gone. Anything else in Shatin?
    Gatts and Coolboy like this.

Whats the big deal. In Australia, over the years the Melbourne police officers frequently kill people with "shoot first" mentality. Police brutality is to be expected! I would say the same from what I have read in the news in other Western countries regarding police brutality. If police cannot enforce the law however they see fit abeit sometimes mistakes are made, then how can we have law and order.

Anarchy during the weekends and at night is annoying for my shopping experience.
    Produce evidence please.
    Coolboy likes this.

Why are we even pandering to this person's whataboutism? Let's cut off these troll's food source then they will leave us to discuss something more interesting.

Coolboy likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7