Like Tree45Likes

Best TV Shows of 2020

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    And speaking of travel shows, I really like Rick Steves' Europe on the US public broadcaster PBS. Season 10 ended in 2019, so maybe it's not quite 2020, but there are likely new seasons coming up. He is the antithesis to Trumpian Americans in that he is knowledgable about the world, promotes diversity and understanding and takes you around Europe in a very friendly, relaxing and non-abrasive style. He would be someone you would want to have a drink with at the bar or cafe:

He's a hash man. Seriously. He's been a Legalize Pot advocate for decades. Wouldn't guess it from his demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by huja
    He's a hash man. Seriously. He's been a Legalize Pot advocate for decades. Wouldn't guess it from his demeanor.
    Uh...ok, I guess. Regardless of his view on that though, his travel shows are enjoyable to watch.

Watched 3 episodes of Hunters, which started last night. Not family viewing, a pretty brutal series about hunting ex WW2 war criminals down and revenge killing them. Very good telly, but as I said, not for family viewing as it is pretty graphic in parts with some strong adult themes...

Coolboy, emx and East_coast like this.

If you can make it through the first episode this is a great but harrowing watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGcuIrgeS7E

timonoj likes this.

Season 2 of Narcos: Mexico is great

I've been enjoying Jason's Market Trails on Netflix recently. Dude is no Anthony Bourdain but he really knows his food. Every episode I've learned something new about Chinese or SE Asian cooking, ingredients, and culture.

Editor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Watched 3 episodes of Hunters, which started last night. Not family viewing, a pretty brutal series about hunting ex WW2 war criminals down and revenge killing them. Very good telly, but as I said, not for family viewing as it is pretty graphic in parts with some strong adult themes...

Some people is complaining it's making stuff up though...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51606389

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7