Like Tree15Likes

Exciting F1 news for Ferrari and Mclaren driver line up for 2021.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exciting F1 news for Ferrari and Mclaren driver line up for 2021.

Carlos Sainz picked up by Ferrari and Daniel Ricciardo to drive for Mclaren.I think Carlos is also a good fit for Ferrari as he will play second fiddle to Leclerc, which Ricciardo would have have always been seen as a threat to.I've always liked Carlos, thanks to his father who I loved watching race in WRC in the mid to late 80's and early 90's, just an awesome driver in his hey day, his father was to WRC what Ayrton Senna was to F1. Just unbeatable during wet bitumen or gravely rally stages !

It should be an exciting year for F1 fans to watch next year and really hoping, Daniel Ricciardo has a team environment that allows him to not play second fiddle and be given a competitive car to apply his race craft with. I think Mclaren have made the right decision pairing him with with Lando Norris, as it will produce a positive team dynamic. :-)

Sith, emx and Sebastien-F like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Carlos Sainz picked up by Ferrari and Daniel Ricciardo to drive for Mclaren.I think Carlos is also a good fit for Ferrari as he will play second fiddle to Leclerc, which Ricciardo would have have always been seen as a threat to.I've always liked Carlos, thanks to his father who I loved watching race in WRC in the mid to late 80's and early 90's, just an awesome driver in his hey day, his father was to WRC what Ayrton Senna was to F1. Just unbeatable during wet bitumen or gravely rally stages !

It should be an exciting year for F1 fans to watch next year and really hoping, Daniel Ricciardo has a team environment that allows him to not play second fiddle and be given a competitive car to apply his race craft with. I think Mclaren have made the right decision pairing him with with Lando Norris, as it will produce a positive team dynamic. :-)
    So where does that leave Vettel? He's retiring or moving to another team?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Unknown yet
    Skyhook and Coolboy like this.

In my heart I would have liked to have seen Danny Ric at the prancing horse but it would have killed his spirit. Red Bull WAS the perfect fit for him but Marko's nose is so far up the orange crash dummies arse it would have been like being living with Death Eaters. McLaren is a good fit for him. Hell, they got James Hunt a Championship after all!.

From the pack of "new boys" certainly Sainz is one of the best and LeClerc is part of the same rat pack that came up from the junior series. He will do well but Leclerc , well I look at him as the 21st Century Alain Prost. I wish them both bad luck, grid penalties and blown engines.

Vettel is going to retire from F1 as he has 3 kids and is intensely private and being at home with the family, I think, has changed his dynamic . There are plenty of seats open to him in US racing series where family life is part of the circus and I am sure we will see him in Le Mans. I would put money on him doing the triple crown and make Alonso even more insecure.

Will Alonso come back? That's like saying is Villeneuve going to win any personality contests or Eddie Jordan going to give up his home in Fantasyland? We would all bet against it because he is so unliked by team bosses as a disruptive figure.

Coolboy, Skyhook and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:
    In my heart I would have liked to have seen Danny Ric at the prancing horse but it would have killed his spirit. Red Bull WAS the perfect fit for him but Marko's nose is so far up the orange crash dummies arse it would have been like being living with Death Eaters. McLaren is a good fit for him. Hell, they got James Hunt a Championship after all!.

From the pack of "new boys" certainly Sainz is one of the best and LeClerc is part of the same rat pack that came up from the junior series. He will do well but Leclerc , well I look at him as the 21st Century Alain Prost. I wish them both bad luck, grid penalties and blown engines.

Vettel is going to retire from F1 as he has 3 kids and is intensely private and being at home with the family, I think, has changed his dynamic . There are plenty of seats open to him in US racing series where family life is part of the circus and I am sure we will see him in Le Mans. I would put money on him doing the triple crown and make Alonso even more insecure.

Will Alonso come back? That's like saying is Villeneuve going to win any personality contests or Eddie Jordan going to give up his home in Fantasyland? We would all bet against it because he is so unliked by team bosses as a disruptive figure.
    I think Vettel still got some wins left in him. He still got that ability. Vettel's problems with Ferrari isn't his sole fault. Ferrari did not adjust well to the hybrid era at first, causing a lot of frustrations for Vettel as the car just could not perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Reading between the lines of various sports sites it looks like his huge ego was the main barrier for a continued Ferrari seat.

He was outclassed on many occasions by Charles, but was, allegedly, demanding top billing and favours in the team.

I would take a wild guess and say that he will retire from F1 and spend more time with his $500M fortune.
    Coolboy likes this.

Strange move from Ricciardo after only one season at Renault...especially considering he had a huge contract with Renault ! I guess he must have felt the car had not much room for improvement

Coolboy and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien-F:
    Strange move from Ricciardo after only one season at Renault...especially considering he had a huge contract with Renault ! I guess he must have felt the car had not much room for improvement
    Contract was ending and they didn’t agree to renew it. Not sure if money was the problem or something else...

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:

Aussie by any chance?
    Sebastien-F likes this.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Aussie by any chance?

Not a Colonial Prisoner on day release thank you very much.
    Sith likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast