Like Tree19Likes

Hamilton vs Schumacher, who is the GOAT?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

If anyone would say, after his performance yesterday, that it's only because of the car, then they need taking out and given a damn good thrashing.

His performance was tailor made for the occasion and up there with the Senna "win denied" in a Toleman at Monaco and IMHO, the most thrilling race ever recorded. All this on (basically) slick tyres. Even the great orange hope, who has skills, no doubt about it, could not complete.

LH showed us all what a true master is. I hope he goes on until 10.

hullexile and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:
    If anyone would say, after his performance yesterday, that it's only because of the car, then they need taking out and given a damn good thrashing.

His performance was tailor made for the occasion and up there with the Senna "win denied" in a Toleman at Monaco and IMHO, the most thrilling race ever recorded. All this on (basically) slick tyres. Even the great orange hope, who has skills, no doubt about it, could not complete.

LH showed us all what a true master is. I hope he goes on until 10.
    Agreed. Hamilton didn't start at or near pole position (which was Stroll). He was way back at 6th place. He managed to (mostly) avoid losing the grip of his car in the wet condition when so many others were left spinning out of control on the track. He patiently but methodologically worked his way up until his overtake of Perez to secure the lead.

Not to mention Mercedes teammate Bottas was driving a near identical car yet went spinning early on and ended up getting lapped by Lewis Hamilton!
    Last edited by Coolboy; 16-11-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Fangio

Original Post Deleted
    I agree about Senna, especially on a wet track, he really was awesome. I don't think Hamilton would have faired well in the F1 cars that greats like Mansell, Prost and Senna drove, as they didn't have the driver aids that Hamilton has been babied with. I liked Shuey too, he was my second fave, Senna will always remain the GOAT in my living memory having seen him race at the Adelaide Grand Prix in 1993.

No love or interest in Hamilton, sorry.
    emx, Sith, blandy62 and 1 others like this.

Haven't seen Senna so can't comment, but it's difficult to compare Schumi with Lewis. Schumi had to deal with tougher competition in his Ferrari years than Lewis had to do in his last 6 titles. Schumi was also beaten by Alonso, and no one here has mentioned him as possible GOAT. Lewis proved his worth in 2017 and '18 when he won against Seb's Ferrari. I am convinced that Ferrari produced a better car during those 2 years but it was Lewis who made the difference.
    F1 is such a team game that one can't really compare drivers especially if they belong to different generations. But it's clear that there are some drivers which are the cream - Schumi, Alonso, Lewis, Max , Charles. I do not think Lewis is the GOAT, but he is definitely in the top 3 along with Schumi and Alonso for me.

Chanoch Nissay

Paid a team to let him drive. Span off on his one and only turn during a qualifying. Then had to wait inside the car until it was removed from the track because he didn't know how to remove the steering wheel.

What about the living legend that is Crashtor Mashed Potato!
    [Pastor Maldonado, for the uninitiated!]

He won in 2012 driving a Williams!

A very moving documentary on Netflix, with lots of never seen before footage of Michael and his family.

Very well made.
    blandy62 likes this.

WALTER RÖHRL?