Like Tree156Likes

Best TV Shows 2021

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

The Final season (3) of Lost In Space, comes out on December 1 on Netflix.

CarterTG likes this.

Looking forward to that in a few weeks

https://youtu.be/hhZBDO0CKJo

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    The Final season (3) of Lost In Space, comes out on December 1 on Netflix.
    Does it improve in the second season and beyond?

I can't remember where, but possibly 2/3 through the first season I got so fed up of that annoying imposter bitch (who seems to be forcibly woven into the plot and keeps unnecessarily stretching the storyline).
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Does it improve in the second season and beyond?

I can't remember where, but possibly 2/3 through the first season I got so fed up of that annoying imposter bitch (who seems to be forcibly woven into the plot and keeps unnecessarily stretching the storyline).
    Yeah I'm with you about this, the Dr Smith character in this current series, I also find quite irritating. I much prefered the campy Dr Smith from the 60's original and his pompously bitchy dialogues with Robot and Will Robinson.

In today's series they went a bit too hardcore with the Robot and the Dr Smith characters, and to be honest, the cgi, sound and vfx are really the only reason I watch it. It's pretty thin on story/plot, visually watchable but not very satisfying lol
    tparker likes this.

It’s really not my thing so I have no personal interest in watching it but for those that have watched Squid Game is it living up to the hype or is it massively overrated. Feedback from work colleagues is mixed.

in other words is it a Friends or Harry Potter which I’ve watched and wondered what all the fuss was about.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    It’s really not my thing so I have no personal interest in watching it but for those that have watched Squid Game is it living up to the hype or is it massively overrated. Feedback from work colleagues is mixed.

in other words is it a Friends or Harry Potter which I’ve watched and wondered what all the fuss was about.
    I'd say it's like neither, a modern take on, Battle Royale, with a wealth inequality of the down trodden theme. Not a bad plot twist during the final episode too. It's not a bad effort and I liked the Kubric stylistic tone visually and the use of classical music during some of the scenes.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Agree. I was hoping it would develop but the characters are not carable for which makes any plot twists less interesting
    The last couple of episodes have finally kicked into gear, but it has taken its time. I'm also not fully convinced by the story as it's just a bit far fetched. The 'real underworld is usually much better organised than what has been portrayed.
    East_coast likes this.

The last couple of episodes have finally kicked into gear, but it has taken its time.
    Agree

The 'real underworld is usually much better organised than what has been portrayed.
    Glad to know

I'd say it's like neither, a modern take on, Battle Royale, with a wealth inequality of the down trodden theme. Not a bad plot twist during the final episode too. It's not a bad effort and I liked the Kubric stylistic tone visually and the use of classical music during some of the scenes.
    Agree, inside the game are macabrely unfolding scenes set against a Wes Anderson colour pallet, the music sticks with you as well.

I feel there could've been more character/sub-plot development and there is a significant amount of having to suspend your disbelief (recruitment of handlers?) but it's worth a watch. It seems to be the first time the well developed traits of Korean dark cinema (mr/mrs. vengeance, old boy, president's last bang) have made it into a Korean TV drama (which are usually devoid of these elements).
    timonoj, ByeByeEngland and Skyhook like this.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast