Like Tree164Likes

Best TV Shows 2021

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

This looks good on Disney+, odd but good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9J2ecsSpo

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak:
    This looks good on Disney+, odd but good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9J2ecsSpo
    I've just started watching WandaVision, 2 episodes in and I am quite enjoying it.

Probably helped greatly by being an early, Gen Xer. Boomers and gen Xer's should really enjoy this one, linguistically, in some ways behaviorally, stylistically ( decor/clothing etc) the fact that it's not shot in colour, when TV aspect ratio's were 4 x 3 and usually no bigger than 21-27 inches diagonally.

Perfect show to recline back into your favourite lounge chair, kick ya feet up with a hot cuppa and a block of quality chocolate within easy reach of ones side table.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 16-01-2021 at 03:25 PM.
    Cheeky Kiwi, kittykaitak and tf19 like this.

I'm absolutely loving this new French NETFLIX TV series starring Omar Sy, LUPIN, based on the modern character portrayal of The Gentleman Thief, Arsène Lupin, book by Maurice Leblanc. Omar Sy just nails this role and makes the series quite enjoyable to watch.

If you're a bit sick of your usual Americanised diet of TV series watching, then this new French series might just hit the spot.

Coolboy and huja like this.

Russel T Davies's take on the 1980's gay london scene - great TV

d

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I'm absolutely loving this new French NETFLIX TV series starring Omar Sy, LUPIN, based on the modern character portrayal of The Gentleman Thief, Arsène Lupin, book by Maurice Leblanc. Omar Sy just nails this role and makes the series quite enjoyable to watch.

If you're a bit sick of your usual Americanised diet of TV series watching, then this new French series might just hit the spot.

Gave it 10 minutes and quit. Couldn't get into it - the dialogue was boring as.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

Wife and I just started in on this and it's very watchable. Actually refreshing to have to read subtitles. That way we were forced to put down the phone and pay attention to one thing - Monotasking(c)(tm), it's the next big thing.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Wife and I just started in on this and it's very watchable. Actually refreshing to have to read subtitles. That way we were forced to put down the phone and pay attention to one thing - Monotasking(c)(tm), it's the next big thing.

I was reading that, apart from being one of France's best international export attempts at a well received tv series abroad, LUPIN has managed to have been A LOT more popular with viewers than say, The Queens Gambit, which I haven't even bothered with lol and I am a long term chess player.

Another good watch for an evening with Netflix, is the movie, Penguin Bloom. You wont be dissapointed with it I reckon.

Always enjoyed over a ( good ) civilised bottle of good red wine and a decently stocked charcuterie board, instead of playing with ones phone. ;-)
    Last edited by Skyhook; 07-02-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    huja and bbchris like this.

I'm looking forward to Clarice. Not much else has caught my eye at this point, but I'm definitely looking forward to some shows coming back that have been on hiatus since COVID broke.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast