Like Tree164Likes

Best TV Shows 2021

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Clarkson's Farm is much better than it should be. Mr Clarkson really seems to want to understand country life and we learn with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLv4...monJoeSimonJoe
    I now know Wayne Rooney had 38cm circumference testes before his untimely demise.

The Naked Director season 2 is up on Netflix.

Hilarious subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    The Naked Director season 2 is up on Netflix.

Hilarious subtitles.
    Is it better than Season 1?

I've only watched the first few episodes, but they're comparable.

Elegiaque and VillanElle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Haha we love Mr Inbetween, and its often dark humoured scenes and the rather authentic matter of fact, direct frankness that Australians do well when you fuck with the wrong one ;-).

I highly recommend this one, it's very gritty and I'd advise that you don't watch this one around the kidlets. If you have watched any of the Underbelly series, if you enjoyed them, you'll LOVE Mr Inbetween, perfect binge TV viewing. You'll be hooked from the first series especially the way that one ended, it was fucking brilliant lol
    Interesting trivia factoid, while watching Mr In between I came to realise that the lead character/actor I'd never seen him on Australian TV before. I did a little research on Scott Ryan who wrote the screenplay for Mr In between, that he'd previously made a self funded pilot called The Magician, which is basically a movie about Mr Inbetween under another name, which was made in the early 2000's. Apparently some 12 years later he managed to sell his screenplay, got enough funding to make the series and also scored the lead role as an unknown actor and directed the show/ filmed it with his original crew. Pretty cool success story who was born to play Ray Shoesmith, hit man and protective family man.

I also quite like how they kept the episode lengths to 24 minutes, which makes it an easy weekend binge series.

I only watch one TV programme now (and I don't have Netflix or anything like that).

Strangely it is Masterchef Australia and even stranger TLC are 4 years behind so it is 2017.

I much prefer it to Masterchef America. For me the judges are better, the format is better, the setting is better. But most importantly on average I think the the ingredients and food are better as are the cooks. The whole thing is lighter, fresher, more full of positive energy.

I have a feeling it is a reflection on the country.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I only watch one TV programme now (and I don't have Netflix or anything like that).

Strangely it is Masterchef Australia and even stranger TLC are 4 years behind so it is 2017.

I much prefer it to Masterchef America. For me the judges are better, the format is better, the setting is better. But most importantly on average I think the the ingredients and food are better as are the cooks. The whole thing is lighter, fresher, more full of positive energy.

I have a feeling it is a reflection on the country.
    You should down load the ABC iview app onto your smart tv, tablet or phone, then you can watch lots of Australian quality tv content.

I think you'd like shows like, Aftertaste, Superwog and Anh Do's A Brush With Fame, plus a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    You should down load the ABC iview app onto your smart tv, tablet or phone, then you can watch lots of Australian quality tv content.

I think you'd like shows like, Aftertaste, Superwog and Anh Do's A Brush With Fame, plus a whole lot more.
    Unfortunately I don't watch the cable TV I have so it would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Unfortunately I don't watch the cable TV I have so it would be pointless.
    You don't have an internet connection?

ABC iview app can be downloaded onto your tablet or phone via the Google play store or iTunes. I think you can watch it via ABC's website also on www.abc.com.au

Yes we have internet, I just don't have the concentration or the desire. I used to be able to read a book in a day easy, now only 20-40 pages on a good day. Masterchef is so light and fluffy I can manage that by taking a rest in the lengthy commercial breaks.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast