Like Tree166Likes

Gender Neutrality gone mad?????

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeuw:
    It's honestly odd that you care so much about this. Who cares what pronoun a person wants to use?
    Nobody cares about what pronouns a person wants to use, but about the pronouns they are trying to force others to use.
    Skyhook, East_coast, Sage and 6 others like this.

Why use gender specific pronouns? There are languages that don't and they survive.

mrgoodkat and chingleutsch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Nobody cares about what pronouns a person wants to use, but about the pronouns they are trying to force others to use.
    The way I see it nothing has changed but the terminology which has been expanded. Like ok when I was at school you had handful of girls in my year who were Tom boys, today they are trans or pan sexual etc one of the 11 year olds in my children’s Monday afternoon art class looks and behaves like a boy and that’s cool as that’s what makes her feel comfortable. I grew up with Culture Club ie Boy George, Marilyn, The Cure and Depeche Mode, a few of my high school friends identified as gay and we were all ok with it. I watched Boy George have at the time, controversial interviews by interviewers that were curious about how he dressed and liked his witty/snarky come backs, as he and a few others really got their voice heard and did most of the foundation legwork that 35-40 years on have made it mainstream.

I never cared what people look like as long as they’re happy it is all good. So man gender identities to choose from which is a bit of a list to remember, but that’s ok. What ever makes people comfortable.

I always found the most prejudiced folks were the mad keen sports people who grew up around sports club toxic culture, which I did witness these people ridculing some of my friends a hard time at High-school.

not sure why people that are older than me can’t just give it a rest and just accept that the world has changed.
    cookie09 and octarine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    The way I see it nothing has changed but the terminology which has been expanded. Like ok when I was at school you had handful of girls in my year who were Tom boys, today they are trans or pan sexual etc one of the 11 year olds in my children’s Monday afternoon art class looks and behaves like a boy and that’s cool as that’s what makes her feel comfortable. I grew up with Culture Club ie Boy George, Marilyn, The Cure and Depeche Mode, a few of my high school friends identified as gay and we were all ok with it. I watched Boy George have at the time, controversial interviews by interviewers that were curious about how he dressed and liked his witty/snarky come backs, as he and a few others really got their voice heard and did most of the foundation legwork that 35-40 years on have made it mainstream.

I never cared what people look like as long as they’re happy it is all good. So man gender identities to choose from which is a bit of a list to remember, but that’s ok. What ever makes people comfortable.

I always found the most prejudiced folks were the mad keen sports people who grew up around sports club toxic culture, which I did witness these people ridculing some of my friends a hard time at High-school.

not sure why people that are older than me can’t just give it a rest and just accept that the world has changed.
    All true, but Tom Boys or gays don't require anyone else to conform to their identity. You just treat them like you would anyone else. No new words required to make them feel special. Totally fine if you are trans and change your name and sex. But people demanding to be addressed by one of those new pronouns are no different than people imagining they are otherkin. Leave me alone with your mental issues. We don't extend any special protection to people showing up dressed as a fox at work either.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

You are making a massive leap from finding it a bit annoying with new pronouns to having a problem with homosexuality and what gender people dress as.

I actually find that offensive.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You are making a massive leap from finding it a bit annoying with new pronouns to having a problem with homosexuality and what gender people dress as.

I actually find that offensive.
    I meant nothing offensive about what I said, what the fuck was wrong with it ?

Although where my auto spell check changed the word mainstream to man when I typed that post typo etc.

I grew up with various people of various gender identity so never really thought about it as ever being an issue. Always best to ask what people prefer to be addressed by or just play it safe with a blanket accepted term.

the problem we have today is we have a very overt prejudiced/racist woke left wing component in society.

as I said personally never saw a problem before and don’t particularly care today. But it’s the same old argumentative types that like to make ‘something’ a thing when it never was.

From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.

vmlinuz likes this.

I meant nothing offensive about what I said, what the fuck was wrong with it ?

Although where my auto spell check changed the word mainstream to man when I typed that post typo etc.

I grew up with various people of various gender identity so never really thought about it as ever being an issue. Always best to ask what people prefer to be addressed by or just play it safe with a blanket accepted term.

the problem we have today is we have a very overt prejudiced/racist woke left wing component in society.

as I said personally never saw a problem before and don’t particularly care today. But it’s the same old argumentative types that like to make ‘something’ a thing when it never was.
    So you grew up with people of different sexualities. I would guess we all did. I have zero problem.with LGBTQ. Have you ever been to the Philippines, a large percentage of the people I know are LGBTQ. Luckily here there is no difference between "he" or "she".

So your experience is normal. I went to a great Tom Robinson Band concert back in the 1970s where the crowd, including me, were enthusiastically singing "sing if you are glad to be gay, sing if you are happy that way".

I still find the focus on pronouns annoying and forcing it I think has a negative impact.

..... or just play it safe with a blanket accepted term.......
    What might that blanket accepted term be then?

Original Post Deleted
    If my employer tried that I'd put "Almighty" - you can tell I'm past the point where I have to worry about career blowback.
    Sage and HK_Katherine like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast