Like Tree61Likes

Bill and Melinda

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    Damn.. how are the going to survive on only 65 Billion? I feel bad for them.
    They are now considered peasants in the upper billionaires group

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    Damn.. how are the going to survive on only 65 Billion? I feel bad for them.
    Hehehe, I don't think anyone would be concerned about how either can live off the money they got. The bigger issue is that marriage, regardless of how much money either partner have, can require tough work to sustain.

If I'm a billionaire, can't I just live apart in another mansion, heck, in another country even? You never have to see each other again, it's a pretty big world out there...doubt either is doing it in order to get remarried or for tax reasons (in the US, a single parent with one or more children gets the favorable "head of household" tax filing status).

Pretty sure she signed a big pre-nup, doubt there is anything to work out, settlement-wise. Usually just the issue of child support...

Edit-Hmm, according to reports there is NO pre-nup, find that quite surprising but, whatever...

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 04-05-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    If I'm a billionaire, can't I just live apart in another mansion, heck, in another country even? You never have to see each other again, it's a pretty big world out there..
    Seems the Gates are the biggest Farmland Owners in USA. They could have lived in different states with the amount of land they owned and never see each other again

Name:  Gates-Map.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  56.9 KB

https://landreport.com/2021/01/bill-...armland-owner/

Or move around in the so many properties they own or bloody Island

Real Estate
    His investment portfolio is certainly significant, but Bill Gates also puts his money to use buying real assets, including a sprawling estate and a private island.

Gates' Seattle-area home, Xanadu 2.0, is an ocean-side lodge boasting over 66,000 square feet with approximately 500 feet of private waterfront on Lake Washington. The estate features top-of-the-line technology and gadgets befitting its six kitchens, 24 bathrooms, and six fireplaces. Nearly every amenity is computer-controlled, including automatic lights and music that follow you from room to room.15 In 2019, the property was assessed $1.04 million in taxes, implying an assessed value of $131.14 million at a 0.793 percent property tax rate.16 17

In 2013, Gates began amassing property in Wellington, Florida, considered to be the winter equestrian capital of the world. He started by snapping up a four-bedroom mansion and horse ranch for $8.7 million.18 In 2016, he bought the adjoining parcels, bringing five properties together for a total of $35.87 million.19 He spent another $21 million on a horse farm in 2019, bringing his combined purchases to $59 million for a 30-acre assemblage. His daughter, Jennifer Gates, is an award-winning equestrian.20

Gates is also rumored to own Grand Bogue Caye, a 314-acre island off the coast of Belize in Central America—the largest island in that country. Grand Bogue Caye is home to pristine beaches, abundant marine life, and excellent diving. It is reported that Gates purchased the island for upwards of $25 million.21

OK, someone is reporting that there WAS a pre-nup (pretty sure I remember, at the time, they had signed one, Melinda and I are exactly the same age) but not mentioned in the separation agreement. He can choose to be more generous than the pre-nup, his call.

Melinda is going to co-host a podcast with Mackenzie Bezos aimed at young women entitled:
    How to become a billionaire​.

rkenia852 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Melinda is going to co-host a podcast with Mackenzie Bezos aimed at young women entitled:
    How to become a billionaire​.
    I think their travel correspondent is called Megs. Clearly not in the club but a wannabe

All the kids, 18 and over, pretty sure it's no coincidence that they waited until the youngest is 18. So no child support issues, no custody issues, makes it all much more simple.

Inheritance has nothing to do with divorce. Mom can leave them whatever she likes, Dad can leave them whatever he likes. In the US, no requirement to leave your kids anything when they are not minors (depends on the state what support obligation of the estate when minors are involved). Heck, maybe that's why they are divorcing, can't agree on inheritance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    How they share the money is none of my concern. The fate of the good work they've done with their charitable foundation is what came to mind immediately after hearing the news.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/04/b...RRLGgvsZcraCL4