Like Tree27Likes

Too many medals for that sport....

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    And why is the US not champion at shooting!? Maybe they need a school setting.
    They would be if they would expand the shooting challenges with a couple of routines that focus on assault rifles and/or shooting as many bullets in 1 minute as possible at random targets.

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Oh I didn't know that. Now should I tell the people that have ranked it as the fastest growing and third most popular sport in the world that they are all wrong
    They are wrong

https://sportytell.com/sports/most-p...-sports-world/

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm:
    They would be if they would expand the shooting challenges with a couple of routines that focus on assault rifles and/or shooting as many bullets in 1 minute as possible at random targets.
    Or as I'd put it - USA is more about quantity, not quality, when it comes to shooting...
    Edwardstorm likes this.

Which sport should have the most medals?

Which sport should have the fewest? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    Fewer.

But the big one is swimming as the same swimmer can win multiple medals as it doesn't require as much specialization (Phelps is the prime example).
    I just don't understand why isn't there much specialization between various swimming disciplines such as butterfly, breaststroke and freestyle. They are fundamentally different forms. The related disciplines in my own view is only on consecutive distances of the same style, and between 1500 m and marathon swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsang:
    I just don't understand why isn't there much specialization between various swimming disciplines such as butterfly, breaststroke and freestyle. They are fundamentally different forms. The related disciplines in my own view is only on consecutive distances of the same style, and between 1500 m and marathon swimming.
    So why does swimming seem to get multiple medal winners? As someone said give an example in another sport of a Phelps type medal haul.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    So why does swimming seem to get multiple medal winners? As someone said give an example in another sport of a Phelps type medal haul.
    Are you looking for less medals in that haul?

Netball seems very popular and is not in the Olympics, whereas I’ve never met anyone who plays handball which is in the Olympics.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Netball seems very popular and is not in the Olympics, whereas I’ve never met anyone who plays handball which is in the Olympics.
    IOC says handball has 27 million registered players world wide (2016 figures).
    IFNA says netball has 20 million.
    merchantms likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    ranked it as the fastest growing and third most popular sport in the world that they are all wrong as it is boring to watch or will you do it?
    Apologies to come back to the but just didn't fee right to suggest UFC is the 3rd most popular sport in the world. Just adding a little perspective the global income for UFC was $900M

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/12/...luding-revenue

Soccer revenue in Manchester a mid sized city in North West Europe was around $1250M for the top 2 clubs in the city and probably 1/2 as much again if you look at the 100+ teams in the town

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...clubs-in-2021/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ter_Manchester

The UFC 'League' certainly has an eye for publicity but 3rd biggest?