Like Tree59Likes

Anti Vaxers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Well a significant chunk of self-described Republicans indeed are refusing to take the vaccine, far more so than the Democrats. You could say the GOP is divided between a smaller rich group who dish out misinformation yet who took the vaccine and the larger stupid and ignorant group who actually believe in the b.s. of the anti-vaxxers.
    As Randy Newman wrote in one of his songs in the mid 70’s: “We are rednecks, we’re rednecks. We don’t know our ass from a hole in the ground”
    shri likes this.

Plenty of people not vaccinating that are not republicans...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/u...americans.html

East_coast and William06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I mean, again don't want to sound harsh, but if the trend holds, then a large segment of the US population who will die off from Covid will be Republican voters, that is not going to help their upcoming elections, right?
    Don't be silly - any such deaths, and everything else about Covid, will all be found even more firmly to be the clear fault of the Democratic Party, oops, that should be "Democrat Party". So clearly voting for the GOP will be even more urgently important.

Quote Originally Posted by spode:
    Don't be silly - any such deaths, and everything else about Covid, will all be found even more firmly to be the clear fault of the Democratic Party, oops, that should be "Democrat Party". So clearly voting for the GOP will be even more urgently important.
    Hahaha...yeah logic isn't a strong point for GOPers.

A lot of self-righteous judgement in this thread. Having lived in the south for a time I'm always saddened by the way people think it's ok to look down on others who live and believe differently than they do. If I was as dedicated to making northerners or democrats look stupid I'm sure I could give you example after example as well.

Everyone makes varying degrees of bad judgements about different things based on their values. Everyone. Most of us make at least one stupid choice a month that could get us killed--many of them much more dangerous than not getting vaccinated. The American left propaganda machine has been running on full steam for awhile spreading hatred and intolerance for people who don't fall in line with their version of "right-think". Talk to some southerners, get to know republicans. They represent real people, many of them living quite amazing lives most of us couldn't survive in, not just "ha ha stupid rednecks". This is the same mentality embedded in anti-black/jewish/insert minority here. If you're talking about "dumb southerners" or "dumb republicans", you are just as prejudiced as if you said "dumb africans" "dumb indians" etc, you've just chosen a different criteria for your prejudice.

Not trying to call anyone out, it's a very popular way of thinking, but it doesn't bring any happiness, it won't change anyone's behavior, and prejudices like this certainly don't bring about a more peaceful or joyful world. Just some food for thought. Happy Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    A lot of self-righteous judgement in this thread. Having lived in the south for a time I'm always saddened by the way people think it's ok to look down on others who live and believe differently than they do. If I was as dedicated to making northerners or democrats look stupid I'm sure I could give you example after example as well.

Everyone makes varying degrees of bad judgements about different things based on their values. Everyone. Most of us make at least one stupid choice a month that could get us killed--many of them much more dangerous than not getting vaccinated. The American left propaganda machine has been running on full steam for awhile spreading hatred and intolerance for people who don't fall in line with their version of "right-think". Talk to some southerners, get to know republicans. They represent real people, many of them living quite amazing lives most of us couldn't survive in, not just "ha ha stupid rednecks". This is the same mentality embedded in anti-black/jewish/insert minority here. If you're talking about "dumb southerners" or "dumb republicans", you are just as prejudiced as if you said "dumb africans" "dumb indians" etc, you've just chosen a different criteria for your prejudice.

Not trying to call anyone out, it's a very popular way of thinking, but it doesn't bring any happiness, it won't change anyone's behavior, and prejudices like this certainly don't bring about a more peaceful or joyful world. Just some food for thought. Happy Sunday.
    Divide to conquer, the same applies to many countries. Like in the UK with North/South divide, France with Paris and the rest of the plebs in the province. The bi-party system is simply stupid but it's been nailed down in people's mind via the Hollywood propaganda machine. You always have the good good guy fighting the bad bad guy. In comparison European movies are more subtle.

The thing is, half of the population has an IQ below 90-80, which is barely enough to think critically. The retarded things I hear in my family about the virus, it's like they all have a phd in virology.

In the end tools like Facebook and Twitter are the catalyst of misinformation and should be regulated. But no you can't touch the FAANG!
    JAherbert and FrancisX like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    .........things I hear in my family about the virus, it's like they all have a phd in virology.
    too true, everyone thinks they are expert nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    too true, everyone thinks they are expert nowadays
    Except that the ones who think they are experts always try to ridicule experts. They are proud of their lack.of real knowledge because that makes them.more knowledgeable than the experts.
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Except that the ones who think they are experts always try to ridicule experts. They are proud of their lack.of real knowledge because that makes them.more knowledgeable than the experts.
    Yip. Classic Dunning-Kruger effect.
    shri and JAherbert like this.

And another far-right anti-vaxxer media personality has died from Covid:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...covid-n1276304

Crankshaft likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast