Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coolboy

The Power of the Human Bond

Closed Thread

The Power of the Human Bond

So I guess given the pandemic where a lot of us had to quarantine, lockdown, work from home, some of us might have miss the face-to-face contact so vital to maintaining our social well-being. And given the grim way HK is heading, some of us might feel a little depressed and hopeless at the state of things. So I suppose we can forgive some for feeling a bit too cynical and jaded at the world, especially when the nightly news always like to remind us of the worst of humanity.

So I like to share with you two short documentaries on the power of the human bond (both under half an hour), to bring some positive feeling and hopefully a touching smile to your face after a hard day's work. My wife watched these and she recommended it I share to others too. Both are about stories connecting people back together after prolong period of separation, like how we are now in a way.

The first documentary is about a Canadian musician trying to reconnect with her long lost Japanese best friend from her childhood. A simple story really, but my wife found it surprisingly touching and moving:

The second documentary I think someone on geoexpat showed it a while back, but I can't find the thread, so what the hell, I will post it again here, about an adopted daughter rediscovering her biological parents in China, to meet again at the "broken bridge" in Hangzhou, a place where locals would meet-up. My wife actually teared up a little watching this:

Hope you guys enjoy! It might be a bit of a stretch to say these documentaries restore your faith in humankind, but at least it will bring you a little hope...hopefully.

aquaman likes this.

I should add the bond of understanding between beings is not limited to between humans. This is a good example, an enlightening look at the work of Dr. Jane Goodall on Chimps and the scientific advances she made:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc7a57a1ZgQ

Original Post Deleted
    You don't seem to grasp what "bond" means. Bond is with people..not with onself. Besides, if you got nothing of value to add...maybe don't post at all? Or maybe you should grow up? Ah well...I feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 14-08-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Original Post Deleted
    I guess your got hit on your head when you were young, so don't understand what "human bond" is. I feel sorry for you. Why is this thread worthy of being mocked? You must be friendless and living in your mom's basement. You need to get out and live in the real world. Otherwise you are just a pathetic little moron. Oh and in case you are wondering, that was meant as an insult to you, darling. Also, grow up. Yes, that's my second insult to you. And I am judging you. Cheers.