Like Tree64Likes

Working during T8

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    It's not live to work. It's not looking foolish in front of your colleagues / clients in other countries. If you work for a local company with only local staff, clients, etc. I'm sure they're on board with not having online meetings or you answering emails because it's stormy outside.
    Exactly - gives people in Europe or US a reason not to take Hong Kong seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Ive worked in a regional setting for a long time. Whenever Philippines is hit by Typhoon, we understand they are not in office and do not expect them to attend any meetings or will need reschedule.

I dont think its foolish if its following company policies. Is taking annual leaves or sick leaves foolish?
    You're very much stuck in the 1990s. Happy you can relax during Typhoons. Maybe I'm just jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    You're very much stuck in the 1990s. Happy you can relax during Typhoons. Maybe I'm just jealous!
    I am working from home during T8/T10. My view point still stands.

Edit:

I am still shocked how many of you are so "off the ground" and dont understand how the average HK workers feel. Maybe there are more Carrie Lam supporters than expected haha

Stuff is seriously flying out there even with the T3. Missed a ceramic large pot flying down from a balcony earlier... quite scary.

There's a good reason why stay-home policies should be adopted.

misshappy26 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Stuff is seriously flying out there even with the T3. Missed a ceramic large pot flying down from a balcony earlier... quite scary.

There's a good reason why stay-home policies should be adopted.
    But that has only happened where you live - so the pot flying warning should be regionalised (or so some would have us think)
    Flapster, dengxi and hike like this.

They can just add another warning signal.

hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    T8 is supposed to be a day off lol

Whats your company guidelines? WFH during T8?
    Thank Fook we dont have to work during T8 even though most Managers have a company phone and laptop, I just leave it turned off even if the rest of company around the world is still functioning. They can all wait after the typhoon is gone
    Coolboy and misshappy26 like this.

I was told I had to work during the T8. I don't know about you, but working all the way through from 5:20pm on Tuesday to 4:40pm yesterday was a bit tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    Yes, we've always had a WFH policy for typhoons and expected to be extra available (after all, what else can you be doing other than working flat out - no water cooler chit chat, no popping out for lunch, no gym sessions :-)). Although pre-pandemic we'd point out that we were hampered by slow connections, lack of hardware etc.

Now with the pandemic and all their lovely advances to WFH provisions, the expectations for ceaseless work and all day availability are pretty high during typhoon days! :-)
    If it's any consolation I use the signal 8to work from to clear my work email and all thefiles I have been ignoring at work for months . It's my most productive work day and I can then skive off a lot more when I am back at work as the paperwork has been done : lol
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5