Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paxbritannia

Miss Universe

Closed Thread

Miss Universe

Saturday morning trivia. The first (openly) gay entrant to Miss Universe from the Philippines. Also holds the rank of Sergeant in the navy.

The curse of the Miss Universe on ending relationships seems to apply to same sex ones as well. Her girlfriend in the photo is now an ex. My theory is that they receive so much training largely aimed at raising their self confidence to the maximum that their personality changes leading to a breakup.

Name:  images (1).jpeg
Views: 1629
Size:  41.5 KB

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 1599
Size:  28.7 KB

that + temptation and opportunity ...

I don't know if self confidence is exactly a new thing for a ms. universe contestant, but it's an interesting theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingbone:
    I don't know if self confidence is exactly a new thing for a ms. universe contestant, but it's an interesting theory.
    There are millions of equally beautiful women out there, the thing that makes them stand out is the self confidence to believe they are the most beautiful, inside and out, and projecting that to the world.

A Miss Universe contestant will have a very large team working for her, how she looks, how she moves, what she wears, how she talks and communicates, how she projects herself.

Is “world peace” still the standard answer in beauty pageants? Being in the military should give her some confidence in that reply.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    Is “world peace” still the standard answer in beauty pageants? Being in the military should give her some confidence in that reply.
    Miss India won by the way. Miss Philippines came in top 5.

Climate change, poverty, children, women's empowerment. They really don't know what the questions will be.

This video from Miss Universe Catriona Gray shows what I mean about confidence and conquering self doubts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyiXCfuUFo

More maps for everybody!

greenmark likes this.