Like Tree11Likes

Daniel vs Smokers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Daniel vs Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I’d like to ‘exercise’ my right to smoke in public but I suspect that’s still banned under the banner of outdoor BBQ of tobacco?
    In that case the mask mandate is protecting your health. Smoking is extremely unhealthy. Can cause cancer or heart disease. You should really consider to stop it!
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielFRA:
    In that case the mask mandate is protecting your health. Smoking is extremely unhealthy. Can cause cancer or heart disease. You should really consider to stop it!
    Thanks for your concern. I’m well aware of the risks and the annoying thing for me is I wasn’t a kid behind the bike shed smoker. In fact I didn’t touch one until I was 17.

On the flip side of that my diet is the healthiest it’s been all my life (I’m also more of a savoury than sweet tooth person), my daily exercise gets better the older I get, I’m the lightest I’ve been in over 30 years, my drink tolerance is low (3-4 small bottles and maybe a gin and I’m done - or 2 red horse!). As for something stronger than smoking I’ve tried stronger recreational drugs and they didnt actually interest me. There again I was always the type of person you could rely on to do the driving in a crowd. I could have just as much fun with intoxicating laughter on a night out than beer.

Yes I should kick it but all things considered everything else I consume is well balanced.

Thanks for your concern. I’m well aware of the risks and the annoying thing for me is I wasn’t a kid behind the bike shed smoker. In fact I didn’t touch one until I was 17.

On the flip side of that my diet is the healthiest it’s been all my life (I’m also more of a savoury than sweet tooth person), my daily exercise gets better the older I get, I’m the lightest I’ve been in over 30 years, my drink tolerance is low (3-4 small bottles and maybe a gin and I’m done - or 2 red horse!). As for something stronger than smoking I’ve tried stronger recreational drugs and they didnt actually interest me. There again I was always the type of person you could rely on to do the driving in a crowd. I could have just as much fun with intoxicating laughter on a night out than beer.

Yes I should kick it but all things considered everything else I consume is well balanced.
    Do what makes you happy. We're all dying one day and that day could happen at any time.

I always hated smokers and told my parents to stop smoking. As I got older, I realized we are just being too serious when it comes to health. We will all die anyways. There are those who died young without ever smoking and there are those who smoked till they were 100.

I started smoking at 30ish. Sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I always hated smokers and told my parents to stop smoking. As I got older, I realized we are just being too serious when it comes to health. We will all die anyways. There are those who died young without ever smoking and there are those who smoked till they were 100.

I wish I hadn't. I started at 14 though down the pub.

Thanks for your open words. I like the open and self-reflected style. It's good that you are living a healthy life otherwise that doesn't contribute additional health risks. I'm glad to hear you didn't continue using hard drugs, as you mentioned. Still wishing for you that maybe one day you might consider quitting smoking. Anyway, wishing you a happy and healthy life, brother.

Nobody is going to sue you for having started smoking in your 30s. As far as I am aware, there is no law against foolishness.

It’s just not sensible and it’s not good for you. But you are aware, that explains your defensive reaction. Yes, you can also get 100, if you are smoking. The last time I heard somebody arguing this way was many years ago: A simple-minded man at the bar in a filthy docklands tavern somewhere in France said the same thing to me once.
    Hkemail888 likes this.

Nobody is going to sue you for having started smoking in your 30s. As far as I am aware, there is no law against foolishness.

It’s just not sensible and it’s not good for you. But you are aware, that explains your defensive reaction. Yes, you can also get 100, if you are smoking. The last time I heard somebody arguing this way was many years ago: A simple-minded man at the bar in a filthy docklands tavern somewhere in France said the same thing to me once.
    Lol are you a robot? I was joking about the sue me.

People have their choices and they know its bad for them. Derp derp.
    Crankshaft likes this.

Daniel vs Smokers

Lol are you a robot? I was joking about the sue me.

People have their choices and they know its bad for them. Derp derp.
    If being capable of making a logical and educated decision in the mid-30s to decide to NOT start smoking means that someone is a robot, then yes: I am a robot.

I was just coming back on your extremely aggressive comeback, because you somehow felt embarassed for making that (highly) questionable life decision to start smoking at a high age. Not cool! I know a lot of the regulars here are smokers. Still doesn't make it good for them. And they are smart enough to keep their mouths shut (unless @shri aka the censoring axe) will remove my posts. All the best to you and I hope you will consider to stop smoking. It's btw not good for the climate.

If being capable of making a logical and educated decision in the mid-30s to decide to NOT start smoking means that someone is a robot, then yes: I am a robot.

I was just coming back on your extremely aggressive comeback, because you somehow felt embarassed for making that (highly) questionable life decision to start smoking at a high age. Not cool! I know a lot of the regulars here are smokers. Still doesn't make it good for them. And they are smart enough to keep their mouths shut (unless @shri aka the censoring axe) will remove my posts. All the best to you and I hope you will consider to stop smoking. It's btw not good for the climate.
    Are a lot of the regulars here smokers? I would be very surprised if that were true.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast