Like Tree31Likes

Weather today...

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    336

    I'm indoors - it will only make it worse.


  2. #22

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    3,888

    As I walk back from my usual 2 hour plus morning walk 2-1/2 today) dripping in sweat the question has to be asked whether I prefer the HK climate or the UK.

    There is nothing more glorious in the world than a long summer’s day in the UK countryside or on a west coast beach with sun late into the evening and a beautiful sunset.

    Unfortunately with the odd exceptional year these are far too infrequent. I’m not good in the cold and I’m not good with central heating which I find stifling.

    Between the two HK wins hands down and is at least seasonal unlike Singapore. Being on a balcony at 2am sweating with a cool beer. Yea I’ll take that thanks


  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tsuen Wan
    Posts
    839

    ..ah yes, good ol HK weather, how's the humidity? are floors oozing with juice?


  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    is at least seasonal unlike Singapore
    Yes. This exactly. Even at its worst, HK gets at least min. one aircon setting change per yr, hot and cold.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    3,888

    Currently 34.5 and nicely basting


  6. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    42,820
    Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    Yes. This exactly. Even at its worst, HK gets at least min. one aircon setting change per yr, hot and cold.
    We have not used the hot setting in a very long time.. 4-5 years may be...
    MABinPengChau likes this.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Taiwan and sometimes HK
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    We have not used the hot setting in a very long time.. 4-5 years may be...
    I haven't even looked to see how to switch my aircon over to heat...and here in TW (pretty similar climate to HK) they actually use insulation in the buildings so you can turn off the aircon in the morning, come home, and it's still tolerable (only care about this due to...cats).
    Rob2020 and Elegiaque like this.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by emx:


    Let us go stream trekking in a red rain storm.



    Rescuers search for missing woman who fell into stream while hiking
    This stream is one of my daily spots, you really have to know how these steams change under weather conditions, the evidence of flash flooding is everywhere, it raises by up to 2 meters or more in spots where the Gorge walls narrow. There has been a huge influx of novice hikers in it during the pandemic, likely due to the fact it's listed on one of those off trail websites as a 4/10, it isn't

    Today was hot AF though, likely a record broken.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Beautiful Britain
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    As I walk back from my usual 2 hour plus morning walk 2-1/2 today) dripping in sweat the question has to be asked whether I prefer the HK climate or the UK.

    There is nothing more glorious in the world than a long summer’s day in the UK countryside or on a west coast beach with sun late into the evening and a beautiful sunset.

    Unfortunately with the odd exceptional year these are far too infrequent. I’m not good in the cold and I’m not good with central heating which I find stifling.

    Between the two HK wins hands down and is at least seasonal unlike Singapore. Being on a balcony at 2am sweating with a cool beer. Yea I’ll take that thanks
    Hot weather in UK is not great. Last night was humid/muggy but of course no air con. Needed to have all the windows open. Problem is then at 4.30 am you get awoken by bloomin' noisy birds and the bright sun. 20 - 22 is my sweet spot.
    ByeByeEngland, AliT and shri like this.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Today was hot AF though, likely a record broken.
    It was...23 June - hottest day of the year so far...
    Cornmeal and Ekim201 like this.

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3