Like Tree33Likes

HK in the power of madmen?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I've been sitting at Starbucks recently and the staff watched whether I am still drinking or not. She approached me several times to check whether my cup is empty - and when it became empty she immediately asked me to put on the mask when this covid-covered genocide will end?

Story two. I've been hiking with my 2-year old daughter, basically carrying her in my arms. Lone mountain somewhere between Sai Kung and Shatin. Three policeman (!) come out from nowhere, one gesturing me to put the mask on her face. I was like wtf... Orwell with his 1984 wrote the plot for the human civilization, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    I've been sitting at Starbucks recently and the staff watched whether I am still drinking or not. She approached me several times to check whether my cup is empty - and when it became empty she immediately asked me to put on the mask when this covid-covered genocide will end?

Story two. I've been hiking with my 2-year old daughter, basically carrying her in my arms. Lone mountain somewhere between Sai Kung and Shatin. Three policeman (!) come out from nowhere, one gesturing me to put the mask on her face. I was like wtf... Orwell with his 1984 wrote the plot for the human civilization, obviously.
    Where is this fabled Starbucks that removes people that have finished their drinks? Clearly not anywhere near IKEA Causeway Bay's sofa section
    Mcdavid, HSY and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    That poor sod was just trying to do their job.

Imagine if the restaurant had been inspected by the powers that be and was judged for not following whatever the prevailing rules are in restaurants for spacing out diners. The guy could have been fined $5k for non-compliance as we saw at Carbone last week (which might be up to 25% of his monthly wage if he was a waiter at a local diner). the restaurant could have been prevented from opening past 6pm for 2 weeks with enforced closure for 'deep cleaning' at extra cost to the owners.

But yes, you were inconvenienced and it's everyone else who is a dick.
    The police checking egarly the silly rules are the part of the problem too. But...
    On the other hand there are plenty of cases where people (including police)ignoring those silly rules and nothing bad is happening. Everything is just the sense of balance.
    For instance me: I have ignored the stupid demand and got my breakfast in a peaceful mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    Oh give me a fucking break. The poor girl/guy is just doing their job. The rule is asinine? Fine. Take it up with the government. This poor sod doesn't want to get into trouble with their boss and/or the government so they can still continue to collect their paycheque. But you think the resistance starts with them and that this is the hill to die on?

Ridiculous.
    This kind of thinking and acting actually brings you closer the troubles than anything else. Bedsides of that it is not how Christian should do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by artilekt:
    For instance me: I have ignored the stupid demand and got my breakfast in a peaceful mood
    Did the breakfast taste funny?
    Mcdavid and Shiojiri Hiro like this.

This kind of thinking and acting actually brings you closer the troubles than anything else. Bedsides of that it is not how Christian should do anyway.
    The first sentence is nonsense. The second? Aside from it also being nonsense (or is that nonsensical?), it's a good thing I'm not Christian and don't believe in fairy tales.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Did the breakfast taste funny?
    Was good can't complain. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    The first sentence is nonsense. The second? Aside from it also being nonsense (or is that nonsensical?), it's a good thing I'm not Christian and don't believe in fairy tales.
    Jesus Christ! I haven't asked you for the autobiography.

Was good can't complain. Thanks.
    Well now we know that this story is made up. Starbucks food is not good.

***EDIT*** Whoops. The other poster was at Starbucks. My bad.

Bedsides of that it is not how Christian should do anyway.
    I don't think its a good idea to post your waiters real name online
    Mcdavid and Crankshaft like this.